Recipes Ham, Potato & Scallion Soup Chef Mickey’s Contemporary Resort
Yield: 1 gallon
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup flour
1 gallon Milk
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
4 tablespoon vegetable base
1 cup onions — diced
2 cups potatoes — diced
1 cup ham, smoked boneless — diced
1/4 cup green onion — sliced
Method of Preparation:
1. Melt Margarine and add flour, stir continuously. Cook for 5 minutes @ medium heat.
2. Add milk, pepper, garlic and vegetable base.
3. Add onions, potatoes and ham.
4. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and whisk vigorously to remove any lumps.
5. Simmer until potatoes are cooked (not falling apart)
6. Add green onions just before serving soup.