Recipes Flourless Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake Piemonte, Italy Epcot
Yield: 6 servings
7 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 220F and butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together and stir in the hazelnuts.
3. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until fluffy. Fold chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs and blend just until all the ingredients are well-blended.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the center is firm to the touch.
5. Allow to cool at room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
6. To serve, unmold the cake and sprinkle the top with cocoa.