Recipes Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Sci-Fi Dine In Disney’s Hollywood Studios
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Peanut Butter Filling:
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup prepared chocolate pudding
Devil’s Food Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes
Method of Preparation:
For Chocolate-Pecan Streusel:
1. Combine flour, sugar, butter, pecans, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until blended and crumbly.
For Peanut Butter Filling:
1. Combine peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and pudding in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
For Devil’s Food Cake:
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine boiling-hot water and cocoa powder in a separate medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and cocoa mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mixing until just combined.
For Chocolate Peanut Butter Cakes:
1. Position oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 12 (2 1/2-inch) ramekins with nonstick spray with flour. Line the bottom of each ramekin with a parchment paper round, and spray again. Set aside.
2. Divide chocolate-pecan streusel among the ramekins. Top each with approximately 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons peanut butter filling. Fill ramekins three-quarters full with batter. Place ramekins on 2 sheet pans.
3. Bake, switching position of pans halfway through, until cakes begin to pull away from sides of ramekins, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Cool cakes on pans for 20 minutes. Carefully invert ramekins onto each serving plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.