Recipes Chocolate Mousse Cake Kringla Bakeri og Cafe Norway – Epcot
Yield: 14 servings
½ each 10” chocolate sponge cake
1 ounce rock candy syrup
1/8 ounce Triple Sec
28 ounces heavy whipping cream
14 ounces melted chocolate
6 ounces chocolate granache (for top)
4 ounces chocolate shavings
7 ounces heavy whipping cream (for rosettes)
14 each chocolate flowers for garnish
8 ounces semi sweet chocolate
16 ounces heavy cream
10” round cake ring
10” cardboard circle
Method of Preparation:
1. Melt chocolate in a hot water bath.
2. Melt ganache separately in a hot water bath.
3. Whip heavy cream until soft peaks are formed.
4. Do not overmix.
6. Cut sponge cake in half through the thickness.
7. Place cake on top of cardboard, cut side up.
8. Evenly sprinkle rock candy syrup over cake.
9. Place the metal cake ring around cake so that it is centered.
10. Fold melted chocolate into whipped cream.
11. Do not overmix.
12. Place chocolate mousse mixture on next and spread evenly over entire cake.
13. The mousse must be smooth when finished.
14. Chill cake until the mousse has solidified.
15. Pour melted granache over cake.
16. Make a smooth, even layer with a spatula.
17. Before serving, pipe a whipped cream rosette near the outer edge of each slice.
18. Garnish with chocolate flowers that are leaning against the rosette.
19. Cut with a hot knife, cleaning knife after each cut.