Recipe Vegetarian Chili Columbia Harbour House Magic Kingdom
NOTE: This is a high-yield recipe —
you may want to scale it down for your own use!
1 15.5 oz can pinto beans
1 15.5 oz can black beans
1 15.5 oz can great northern beans
2 15.5 oz cans dark red kidney beans
Drain beans well and set aside.
1 cup olive oil
4 cups diced yellow onions
2 cups diced green peppers
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup 1/2 inch sliced celery
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup ground cumin
3 TBSP basil
1 1/2 TBSP oregano
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
4 cups tomato juice
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes in juice
1 TBSP Crystal Hot sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup drained sliced black olives
salt and pepper to taste
1. In an 8 quart dutch oven, heat the oil.
2. Add onions, green peppers, carrots and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent, add mushrooms and sautee three minutes more.
3. Add spices and sautee for two minutes, stirring often.
4. Add tomato paste and blend into mixture, add tomato juice and bring to a boil.
5. Add drained rinsed beans and mix well.
6. Bring to a boil and then add diced tomatoes, hot sauce, corn and black olives.
7. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour before serving, stirring every 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.