Recipe Smoked Salmon and Crab Timbale Le Cellier Restaurant Epcot
Ingredients: Crab Mascarpone
4 cups of mascarpone cheese
2 cups of Canadian rock crab
1-1/4 cups Old Bay citrus reduction (recipe below)
1. Drain off excess moisture from the crab.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended by hand.
3. Mix crab meat in 1/4 of the Old Bay reduction and then press moisture out again.
4. Do not overmix or the cheese will break down.
Ingredients: Old Bay Citrus Reduction
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
3/4 cup powdered sugar
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Zest lime, lemon and orange.
2. Juice each fruit.
3. Mix fruit juice, water and zest in a heavy saute pan.
4. Add Old Bay Seasoning to mixture and heat to a rolling boil.
5. Add powdered sugar and mix until sauce thickens.
6. Thicken with cornstarch.
Ingredients: Crab Timbale
2 slices Canadian smoked salmon
1/2 cup crab mascarpone mixture
1 sesame seed cracker
Pinch of micro greens
2 tablespoons Old Bay citrus reduction (recipe above)
Method of Preparation
1. In a stainless steel mold, place one piece of the salmon inside the bottom of the mold.
2. Fill the mold with all of the crab mixture.
3. Place the last piece of salmon on top of the crab mixture and press down gently.
4. Place the mold in the middle of a square plate.
5. Remove the mold from the mixture.
6. Gently place the micro greens on top of the timbale.
7. Place the cracker, sharp point into the top of the timbale.
8. With the remaining sauce, brush 2 lines on the plate. One in front and one behind the timbale.