Recipe PASSION FRUIT MERINGUE TART Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 8 servings
8 each 2 ½" Tart Shell
1 ¼ pounds Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 ½ each Egg Yolks
6 tablespoons Passion Fruit Puree
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
5 each Egg Whites
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Sugar
1. Mix egg yolks, condensed milk, passion fruit, and lemon juice in a bowl.
Pour mixture into shells.
2. Bake in a 250º oven for 15 to 18 minutes until set.
Cool tarts. (This can be made a day ahead of time.)
3. Prepare meringue by whipping the egg whites and adding sugar.
4. Pipe meringue over tarts to create the spike look.
5. Bake in a 370º oven until browned a little.
6. Remove from oven to cool.