Recipe CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CRUNCH Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 15 servings
½ pound Semi-sweet Chocolate
3 each Yolks
2 ½ tablespoons Sugar
3 sheets Gelatin
4 tablespoons Frangelico
2 cups Heavy Cream
5 tablespoons Puff Pastry, baked
7 tablespoons Semi-sweet Chocolate Squares, melted
5 tablespoons Praline Paste
½ cup Ganache (2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate and 2 oz. heavy cream)
Chocolate Sticks for garnish
1. Prepare flexi pan mold, 2-inch diameter muffin shape.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate squares for mousse.
3. Whip heavy cream and sugar to very soft peaks.
4. Soften gelatin in cold water until soft. Remove excess water, then place gelatin in a small bowl with the Frangelico. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve gelatin.
5. In a large bowl mix egg yolks into the slightly warm chocolate.
6. Add the warm Frangelico/gelatin mixture to the chocolate/yolk mixture.
7. Fold 1/3 of heavy cream/sugar mixture into the chocolate mixture. Add remaining cream mixture and mix well.
8. Pour into the mold, leaving ¼ inch space on the top.
9. Place in freezer to set.
10. Melt chocolate for crunchy bottom. Add puff pastry (already baked and chopped in a food processor) and praline paste to the chocolate.
11. When the mousse is set, spread chocolate mixture over each mousse without unmolding them. Put back in the freezer to set.
12. When set, unmold mousse. Pipe a dollop of ganache on each. For ganache, melt chocolate; add cream, mix until glossy.
13. Put chocolate sticks on top to garnish.