Recipe Chicken Cacciatore Chef Mickey’s Contemporary Resort
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 each Whole Chicken (Cut into 8 pieces)
1 cup Onion Chopped Fine
1/2 pound Sliced Mushrooms
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
2 each 14 ounces Canned Tomatoes
1/2 cup Red Wine
1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano Chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil Chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Chopped
1. Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with oil.
2. Brown the chcken in the skillet, remove and set aside.
3. Brown the onions and mushrooms, add the garlic.
4. After the mixture has cooked, add the rest of the ingredients, including the chicken and any juices that are in the plate.
5. Simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally to break up the tomatoes. Approximately 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
6. Serve over fresh cooked pasta.
Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese if desired.