Reviews of Yak and Yeti Restaurant

Other Menus at Yak and Yeti Restaurant

Yak and Yeti Restaurant

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Britmick Review Date: 10/01/2015

We were really looking forward to this and the experience was terrible. Our server was abrupt and rushed us. They sat us near the door. There was nothing remotely themed from where we were sitting.
Starter was okay, we had the Dim Sum sharer, however the main course came before we had finished and they just put it on the table. I was speechless.
The mains weren't anything I couldn't cook myself. The Pak Choi was bitter as it was undercooked. I wasn't told my refills were chargeable until I got the bill. We sat down at 3pm and were bundled out by 3:30pm, with $90 less in my pocket. So disappointed and won't be returning.

Pros:

Air conditioned

Cons:

Service, food

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 05/24/2015

DH and I dined here for the first time last week. While our entrees were excellent...he had the Sweet and Sour Pork, I had the Honey Chicken..the atmosphere was awful. Not sure if we just hit an "off" day, but the noise level was just SO loud! The music playing was loud as it was, but as more people filled in as lunchtime progressed, it became harder and harder to even hear each other. We were seated on the first floor, and after we were finished eating we went up to the second floor to see if the noise was any better, unfortunately it wasn't. While we really did enjoy the food, and the even the service was good, we will not return. When we dine table service, we are looking as much for a nice atmosphere as good food.

Pros:

excellent food

Cons:

noise level

Reviewed by peytonshea02 Review Date: 06/02/2014

We made ADR's at only 2 places this trip. I think our last visit was the year this place opened so we decided to give it another try.
Despite the massive crowds in the lobby, we were seated 5 minutes after we checked in for our ADR. Our server was excellent. Very helpful and quick to refill our glasses and take our order. Sadly, that's where the good ends because this is where the food begins.
We were starving so we order the Wok-Fried Green Beans. Did they taste bad? No - but they could have been deep fried shoe strings for all we knew. No flavor other than *deep fried* something. Sweet chili sauce to dip them in. meh.
Our meals: Seared Miso Salmon - decent tasting Salmon, bland rice and typical bagged frozen veggies. Tempura Shrimp - the same deep fried flavor as the green beans, with a hint of shrimp flavor, and on a stick. Same bland rice and same veggies. Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli - best of the bunch but still sad. Beef was tender, super small portion, same rice, same veggies. Crispy Honey Chicken - was a lie! lol! Nothing crispy about it. Sad, smooshy chicken bits in a sickening sweet sauce...and guess what came with it? Yes. Same bland rice and same veggies.
I hate to say this, but the food court at our local mall has more flavor than Yak & Yeti.
No fault of the establishment, but we also had the pleasure of having some sweet child upstairs throwing fries down on us and the surrounding tables. We brought it to the servers attention but by the time they decided to address it, the lovely family had left.
Not going back.

Pros:

service

Cons:

food.

Reviewed by lkurak Review Date: 08/08/2013

My husband and I tried the Yak and Yeti a few days ago and we were very disappointed. Our experience started out okay. We went to the bar and got Yak Attacks, which were delicious. Our server was not good. He really tried to push the Landry's card on us, even though we said we were not interested. My husband ordered a Sprite and never got it. We were on a deluxe dining plan which entitled us to a dessert, which we never got. The server gave us the bill and walked away, so we just decided to leave rather than tracking him down to get dessert. We will not be returning here.

Pros:

drinks, atmosphere

Cons:

service

Reviewed by sherita66 Review Date: 10/07/2014

We were here September 2014. We waited for more than 30 minutes for a table. We had reservations. I had to stand as my scotter was not allowed in resturant. There was no place to sit either in the bar or at check in. we were then seated upstairs. Our food was good but not any better than what we could get from our local chinese resturant for a lot less money. We never received refills on soda or water and waited 20 minutes for our desserts.

Pros:

Tasty food, convient location in AK

Cons:

Expensive and worst service in the 2 weeks we were at disney

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 11/14/2019

I made the wrong selection - Pork Belly Ramen. Expecting to get actual pork belly ramen, I was disappointed to get a bowl with three small slices of pork, a few mushrooms, an egg (excellently cooked), a few noodles, and a huge amount of aging and raw carrots. The carrots so dominated the flavor that the meal became disgusting after a few bites, because the carrots tasted old. My alcoholic drink was good. I had been craving pineapple upside down cake, but based on the poor entree, I was reluctant to spend $12 on a slice of dubious cake. Service is friendly and efficient, but the floor near us was dirty after a large group left, and no effort was made to clean up.

Pros:

Good alcoholic beverages; good service

Cons:

Food was not good

Reviewed by Momof4 Review Date: 07/07/2016

First time eating here and we were very excited. We've always heard great things. It was very crowded due to the evening hours at AK. We were a party of 8 so we were seated at 2 tables. That was fine but we were stuffed in the corner of the upstairs enclosed patio. It was warm without any moving air. Our meals were good but nothing special and not any better than the takeout window. We had honey chicken, chicken lo mein, teriyaki kabobs, tempura shrimp and the Ahi salad. Again, no real complaints other than an abundant amount of carrots in everything! The main complaint is that our server mislead us on the tip. 18% gratuity is added to parties of 6 or more. We were not shown a receipt with broken down charges. I asked if the tip was included and he said "I don't believe in that" so we tipped an additional 20%. I thought it seemed a little pricey for what we got so I checked with our concierge, had to get connected to restaurant, etc. and learned that he did end up with a nice $80 tip but all was resolved nicely. I've never had that happen at Disney. We'll be sticking with Kona for our Asian inspired meals!

Pros:

Cons:

overcharged,very warm inside

Reviewed by Disney_Dreamz Review Date: 11/26/2014

We ate here 11-19-2014.
It was okay, but I would not go back again. I had the sweet and sour chicken and my mom had the steak w/ shrimp. I wish I went with the steak and shrimp since the sweet and sour chicken was a bit dry.

The rice was horrible.

I mean the service was great, but the food was "okay" nothing to write home about. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Pros:

Quick Service for a Table Service

Reviewed by alyssavm Review Date: 02/13/2013

I think our not-so-great experience was due to our waiter. We came right at 4 pm just so we could grab some appetizers and beers while sitting in the AC, and were in and out in 20 minutes. Our waiter was clearly mad that we weren't ordering a full meal, and became rude. Honestly, the food was just average. The restaurant was beautiful, though, and I'm hoping our poor service was a one time occurrence. We'll give it another try one day.
Oh, and the annual pass discount is only good on entrees. Odd.

Pros:

Decor

Cons:

Only place we had bad service, weird annual pass discount

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/26/2019

when we attend AK with my business partner his wife says this is a must. I think it is average.

Pros:

Nice theme, fair pricing

Cons:

have not really had a bad experience here. Just kind of average.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom