Reviews of Yacht Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort within walking distance of Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_yc.htm

Reviewed by jjod25 Review Date: 04/07/2016

My family of 5 stayed for seven days at the Yacht club and really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it for families. The rooms were large enough to fit a pack and play for my youngest and we still didn't feel crowded. The walk from room to lobby was not too long either which can be an issue at some resorts.

The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood studios is a huge benefit and to me makes the deluxe resorts worth the extra cost. Being able to walk or take the boat to these meant less time on the buses and more time at the parks.

The dining options are great as well. With World Showcase, Beach Club and Boardwalk all within walking distance there are many options for any meal of the day including character ones.

Pros:

Location!

Reviewed by JackieB Review Date: 10/15/2016

I just stayed at the Yacht Club and I was very disappointed. I stayed there a few months ago and everything was wonderful...this time though...it was not. First of all the CM at registration was a bit strange. I went to the desk and told him I had reservation for one night and he looked at me and said "For?" Um...the resort. Do people go to the resort registration desk to check in for other reservations that I don't know about? I just thought that was strange. He told me my room wasn't ready but it would be a king room with a water view. This was great since I paid for a standard room and thought this was an upgrade...not really the room was not great. I walked in and thought it looked like a really nice room, king bed, sofa, chair, desk. The good: The view was awesome. It was a water view on the first floor. The bad: The bed was awful. It actually had a board under the mattress on part of the bed. It was very uncomfortable. I woke up in the morning with a backache. The worst part of the room was the bathroom. I've had larger bathrooms at the moderate resorts. I have to use a walker so in order to shut the bathroom door I had to walk as close as I could to the toilet (walker over the toilet) turn slightly, lift the walker a little and then shut the door. The sinks, toilet and shower were all in one cramped area. For the price I paid for a deluxe resort I was so disappointed in the room. If I had been staying for more than one night I would have asked to switch rooms. So next month when I return for a couple of nights the Yacht Club won't be the resort I choose to stay at.

BTW...Mousekeeping, valet, bell services, room service CM were outstanding.

Pros:

location, view

Cons:

bed, bathroom

Reviewed by Jessica527 Review Date: 02/20/2017

The Yacht Club is stunning inside and out, the lobby is impressive but the view outside is enough for me to stay again and again. I loved the atmosphere it created and always felt welcome everywhere I went. The pool was fantastic and I wish we had more time to spend there. If you have a little one who isn't a fan of sand though, make sure to bring water shoes for them to enjoy the experience. We loved our location, with a view of the water on the first floor. I had requested a location closest to the conference center due to nursing my little one (traveling for work, hubby & baby back in room) and they honored that request and more. I was very impressed with the service (mousekeeping, bell services, front desk) and everyone that we encountered. The room we received was slightly dated but i know they are currently updating all rooms so this is something that I looked past. My only wish is that they had a grab/go meal option, especially for our little ones. I believe they are redoing and expanding this off the lobby so lets hope that happens this year. Overall we had an amazing stay at Yacht and I would recommend it anyone that can stay there.

Pros:

View, Location, Lobby & Service

Cons:

Slightly Dated (But Currently Upgrading)

Reviewed by Disneyexpert Review Date: 08/11/2017

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The only major complaint is that there is no 24 hr snack bar like the Contemporary used to have. You also have to walk to the Beach Club Marketplace for food a lot,(there is nothing similar at the Yacht Club, although that may be soon to change) which is sort of fun,but not if you are on a tight schedule. Stormalong Bay is nice but a bit overrated. It is not a substitute for the water parks.

Not all Disney hotels handle the crowds well, but this one does. The lobby does not quite look as "Disney" as some of the hotels like the Contemporary do. The Yacht Club is a great choice if there are no younger kids in your party. ​
​
The Boardwalk looks just beautiful as the Magic Kingdom at night. It contributes to that "sleeping in the middle of the park feel." One problem is if you are spending a lot of nights at the Magic Kingdom, you have to take the bus at night, but the bus service was decent...most of the time. One time it felt like it took a long time to even get out of the Epcot/Disney Hollywood Studios area. It could just be because it was crowded, and the weather was bad it felt longer. I recommend spending at least one night at the Disney Studios, it is really nice simply to stroll back (or take the boat) back after. The Caption's Grille is one of the best restaurants at Walt Disney World, ever since the Concourse Steakhouse closed. We tried the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night. I got an upset stomach and another member of my party had to spend the whole night in the hotel room because of an even more upset stomach. It must have been an allergic reaction to a preservative they used or something.
​
It is a problem if you want to spend a lot of nights at the Magic Kingdom, but it is still one of the best hotels in Walt Disney World. The beach/yacht atmosphere is a perfect way to unwind from the parks.

Pros:

One of the best hotels in Walt Disney World. Perfect atmosphere to unwind from the parks

Cons:

No 24 hr snack bar, had to take bus to Magic Kingdom, expensive

Reviewed by ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

I love everything about the Yacht Club including the gym, that’s free for resort guests and the new Market at Ale and Compass located inside the Yacht Club. No more trekking to the Beach Club for snacks and counter service meals.

Pros:

Excellent location and staff

Reviewed by Ginny65 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have vacationed at Disney's Yacht Club and absolutely love staying there. From the moment we arrive on DME to our sad check-out day, we are in heaven. The atmosphere is so relaxing and welcoming. We all love the pool and the great selection of restaurants. The staff is always helpful and welcoming. We can't wait to book our next vacation here.

Pros:

The sand-bottom pool; the great location to both Epcot, Boardwalk and DHS.

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Beautiful resort with great theming. Long walk down corridors to our particular room though and view was awful from room (was primarily a gravel roof a few floors below and parking lot). We commented that they should have down something special with the roof (maybe a mural or rooftop garden) to make it feel more "Deluxe." We adored the sand bottom pool and long slide. Probably our favorite part when compared to other resorts. The walk over to EPCOT was super convenient except that it was a race morning when we wanted to head in so it was tricky since many racers were on that path. We made it though. Watched part of the evening show from the bridge that goes over to the Boardwalk. We also watched the sword swallower on the boardwalk one evening. My girls enjoyed roaming around the resort and all the thematic touches. There were a great many beautiful backdrops for taking pictures as well.

Pros:

Beautiful, sand bottom pool, great slide, super convenient to EPCOT

Cons:

You pay for what you get...I think Deluxe resorts should include parking since they are top tier. Can be a long walk down corridors from the elevator to a room with little view in you book standard category.

Reviewed by Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We stayed here for the first time last year. First time upgrading to a deluxe hotel, and it was worth every penny. We loved it! We had a room on the second floor. Stairs are right in the lobby, so easy. Nice to not have to wait for elevators to get to your room. The room was nice, only complaint was it was an adjoining room and the baby crying next door woke us up every single morning. Huge plus was being able to walk to Epcot, and also taking the boat to Hollywood Studios. The Yachtsman Steakhouse is another plus.

Pros:

Location!

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by ksteiner Review Date: 04/23/2019

We stayed here in June 2018 and had an amazing time! There were 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 teens ages 18 and 15. We have stayed in all of the Deluxe Resorts and this is one of our new favorites!!! We were in the wing that is closest to the bridge towards Swan/Dolphin on the first floor. While it was a long walk through the hallways to get to the lobby, there was a door to the "boardwalk" area right near our room, so we took that to get back and forth - much faster. The room was updated and VERY nice. The bathroom was very modern and clean - loved it. The pool was so much fun - we couldn't wait to stay here so that we could try it out and it didn't disappoint! We could've stayed in the lazy river the whole trip :). The best part of staying at YC was the convenience - to Epcot, to Hollywood Studios, to the Boardwalk... it was AWESOME! The only bad thing that we experienced was that we were in the "dog-friendly" area and had to deal with barking dogs quite a bit.

Pros:

Location, pool, room-size, proximity to good dining, view

Cons:

Lack of counter service options

Reviewed by Teach52 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Always try to stay at yacht club.

Pros:

Location, ambiance,pool areas

Cons:

Fact dogs are allowed and in hallways. I sure hope Disney reconsiders this, let alone dog “area” out by quiet pool