Reviews of Typhoon Lagoon

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/30/2018

We usually hit up both water parks on our trips, and of the two I prefer the theming of Typhoon Lagoon. I love the lazy river and the family raft ride. There are some great options for food and drinks here. We always get there at opening so we can grab seats in the shade for my grandchildren, so we have never had a problem with crowds. The only drawback is the wave pool. The concrete bottom is very rough, and it’s easy to get caught in the undertow. I wiped out sitting in very shallow water with my granddaughter, and scraped my elbows up. All in all a fun way to spend the day.

Pros:

Theming, fun water rides

Cons:

Wave pool injuries

Reviewed by Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

Our favourite water park! Love the lazy river. Take advantage of Getaway Glen which is reserved seating and towels. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Lazy river, nice atmosphere, wave pool

Cons:

Wave pool injuries from hard concrete floor

Reviewed by trishie30 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We rented a Beachcomber Shack and if you can swing it, it's a great experience. Unlimited towels, drinks, a covered place to relax and a Cast Member to deliver food for you, plus a locker for you to keep your valuables all really added to our experience here. This was our first visit and we didn't know what to expect, but we knew from a prior visit to BB that it would be touch to find a place to sit. We reserved in advance and chose our spot when we arrived and we couldn't have been happier. We all loved the wave pool although it is not for the faint of heart. Beware that if you stand where the waves crash, you can easily wipe out. Loved the slides and group raft ride. The lazy river is great but gets really crowded sometimes. Try to remember water shoes because the pavement can get extremely hot and there's little relief.

Pros:

Beachcomber Shack, lazy river, slides

Cons:

Hot pavement, crowds

Reviewed by cop447 Review Date: 06/08/2013

I just got back from a week of Walt Disney World and took in both water parks on property. My favorite thing about this park is the wave pool. With 6 foot waves every 90 seconds me and my boys ages 11 and 14 had a blast. All of us also enjoyed the swimming with the sharks experience and did this three times. The sharks and fish are in salt water that is kept at 68 degrees so it is cool!

The only con we had is we wish the park was a little bigger with more waterslide attractions offered. This park is great for younger guests and I think they would like it better then Blizzard Beach.

Overall we opened and closed with the park and had a very good time. When asked the tween and teen boys did prefer the faster passed Blizzard Beach.

Pros:

Wave Pool

Cons:

Not enough water slides

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

fun times

Pros:

love the wave pool and the lazy river

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 09/26/2018

Been coming here for years and will continue to do so every trip to Disney! My kids loved being here- the rides, the wave pool, the tropical atmosphere! Now just my husband and I go together as our kids are grown and no longer vacation with us. We love the lazy river! Always a great way to spend the day!

Pros:

Sunshine and palm trees!

Reviewed by Kerri Review Date: 09/25/2018

Out of the 2 water parks we found that TL was much better for older kids. Really enjoyed all of the slides and the wave pool!

Pros:

Wave pool and slides

Reviewed by aknlw2003 Review Date: 09/03/2015

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon is a must stop if you've never done the waterparks. Our family had one of our favorite days of our trip at TL...and we highly recommend. There are plenty of chairs available, you just have to keep looking. They have tucked chairs throughout the park and we were able to grab some lovely chairs on the "beach". My kids absolutely LOVED the wave pool. Now, we have a beach house, but with all of the shark attacks this summer they couldn't just enjoy the waves like in summers past, so they were thrilled to be able to play in the waves. Crush and Gusher is a super fun time! We went three times so we could do all 3 runs. The line moves way faster than you think it will. The family raft ride is also a lot of fun! My complaint is that the wait times are manually updated, so they are always wrong. I know we're trying to stay rustic...but waiting 40 minutes for a simple body waterslide in a line that said 15 minutes is simply a little annoying, we would have made other choices.
The music is lively, and the lifeguards are absolutely amazing, and always on high alert. You really feel like you're on a Caribbean island while you're there.
The downside is really the food. Terrible food options at this park. We wished we had taken our own food in a cooler. Snacks were good though!

Pros:

Crush and Gusher

Cons:

Wait times

Reviewed by matt6816 Review Date: 09/01/2015

Awesome water park with an awesome wave pool. You can literally be "carried away" by the waves.

Pros:

well set up, wave pool

Reviewed by sstotts Review Date: 05/24/2014

My family of 6 adults went to Typhoon Lagoon on our arrival day (May 11, 2014). The crowds were slightly high but we didn't wait in line for more than 30 minutes for any ride. Because we were not able to get to the park at opening, we pre-reserved the lounge chairs in the private seating area. I thought the guarantee of having a place to sit was worth the $50 it cost to rent 2 lounge chairs and the area we were placed in was quiet and convenient to the lazy river and food options. I thought the entire park was pretty clean and my family had a blast. We only wished we could have stayed longer but the park closed at 5 p.m.

Pros:

Clean, great theme, fun rides

Cons:

Not open long enough

Other topics in Water Parks at Walt Disney World