Reviews of Tusker House Character Breakfast

Other Menus at Tusker House Restaurant

Tusker House Restaurant

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by Alannadale Review Date: 12/06/2020

We went here for my sons birthday and had a bad experience right from the start. They forgot to call us for a table, and when we finally got a table it felt like we were right on top of the table next to us. It took the characters forever to stop at our table. My son picked this restaurant because it had Daisy and Donald, but Donald never made it to our table.
We didn't like the food at all. I felt bad for the server. She had too many tables.

Pros:

Daisy was there

Cons:

Bad services. It was too crowded for the characters to visit all the tables.

Reviewed by prettythings03 Review Date: 10/28/2014

We got to the restaurant about 20 minutes before we were scheduled to check in. Checked in anyway, and were told to wait for a photo with Donald and then we would be seated. 45 minutes later, and 3 very grumpy kids, we got our photo and were rushed to do it since they came to seat us at the same time. Our photo is terrible, and we were not given an opportunity to take another.
Once inside, we were asked about food allergies. This was already in the ADR that I had made so I was a little annoyed. Yes... we have a salt restricted diet and a severe soy allergy.
Chef came out, young kid for the most part, and told me that with a soy allergy I should already know what I can and can't eat at the buffet, and that he would bring me my own waffles. As for the salt free, he said there was nothing he could really do for her except eggs that were made with no salt. Needless to say, my mom ended up sick due to salt content in the food and I got undercooked gluten free, soy free waffles that were gross (had them the day prior at another location and they were fantastic). If the character interaction once in side the restaurant had been less than is was then I would have walked out personally.
Do I recommend this restaurant, only to those who do not have any sort of food allergies or intolerance.

Pros:

Good character interaction, lots of food choices if you do not have issues

Cons:

Hard if you have allergies

Reviewed by ang2575 Review Date: 09/08/2013

We were excited to try this brunch for the first time after all the great reviews I had read. Sadly, it turned out to be the worst dining experience I had ever had at Disney. We had a 10:30 reservation for breakfast and by the time we waited a bit and took a photo with Donald we were seated at 10:45. The characters came almost immediately so we took photos and the kids enjoyed their time with them. I have to say compared to other character meals, only seeing 3 characters (4 if you count seeing Donald beforehand) is pretty disappointing. Every other character meal we did had 5. So we headed up to the buffet and very disappointed to see that all breakfast had been removed. As we wandered through the stations, everyone at the buffet was asking each other were the breakfast was. My husband approached a chef and asked him were breakfast was and he was told that one section was all that was left of breakfast. It consisted of a fruit bowl that had a 5 pieces of fruit left and some pastries and yogurt. It was a joke. To make matters worse, the food that was on the buffet was all pretty exotic. Things like hummus, tabouli, couscous, stews. I myself will eat those things, but not first thing in the morning and not when what I really wanted was eggs. My kids and my husband, however, would never eat anything that was available. They were all starving and filled their plates with bread and dessert items. We asked our server where breakfast was and she told us that breakfast gets switched over to lunch at 10:45. She told us she always comes early to eat so she can have breakfast. No attempts to make our experience better. Again my husband asked the Chef and he told us the same thing: breakfast gets switched out at 10:45. We all ate practically nothing and our bill came to $190. My husband and I are both restaurant managers, and we couldn't believe that our server and the chef were so non-chalant about our questions. And like I said, everyone in the buffet line we talked to was wondering why the food had been switched over. On out way out, I tried one last time to get someone to give us an explanation. I asked a cast member at the host stand and was given the same answer, "breakfast switches to lunch at 10:45" At this point I was pretty angry and I told her, I had a breakfast reservation. We paid for breakfast but there was no breakfast and we were all still starving. She really could have cared less. I have never, ever complained at Disney in 15 trips. But after leaving the restaurant I actually went to guest services and told them our experience. Immediately, she was so apologetic. She called the restaurant where they verified that breakfast gets removed at 10:45 and she looked up my reservation to see I indeed had a breakfast reservation. She was so sweet and she refunded 50% of our meal and gave me 5 fast passes for any ride in any park. It was so nice. I will never, ever go back to Tusker House and I really can't believe I had to go to 4 cast members before any cared at all that we were extremely unhappy.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/27/2021

To me, This is the best character breakfast. The food is better and more adventurous compared to chef mickey. The characters are in cute and unique costumes.

Pros:

Food is flavorful. Characters are fun.

Cons:

Can't think of any!

Reviewed by Smiles00 Review Date: 04/29/2021

Tusker House Character Breakfast is a MUST for my family and I. With 5 adults and 3 children, we all have great time. My daughter, niece and nephew LOVE seeing Mickey and the Gang. Plus the Jungle Juice is the BEST and me and my daughter's favorite!!!

Pros:

Seeing Mickey and the Gang. Love the Jungle Juice. Great atmosphere.

Cons:

No Cons

Reviewed by RobH Review Date: 04/06/2021

This is our family's favorite character meal. There is exceptional character interaction. Great atmosphere. The food is amazing. There is a lot of variety from standard breakfast fare to typical items with a little flavour. The quality of the food is excellent. We always book a reservation ahead of park opening to get an early entrance for great photos and a head start to the safari.

Pros:

Great food amazing character time.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/21/2021

This is one of my favorite places to go see the characters. I went on my honeymoon. We booked a late breakfast (10:30) hoping that we could sample both breakfast and lunch but ended up filling up on Mickey waffles. My husband who is a more adventurous eater enjoyed trying all the different African cuisines. I am a much pickier eater so it was nice knowing that there would be something I would enjoy. We had finished our food before the characters came and the waitstaff made sure that all of the characters met up with us before we left. Good time.

Pros:

Great place to try new food--has a good variety and comfort food. Waitstaff was excellent

Cons:

Big space. May take the characters a while to get to you.

Reviewed by tetimko5 Review Date: 02/13/2021

This is one of my favorites for breakfast in the parks! They have classic breakfast options, plus some exciting African based choices. Great selection of cocktails and options for kids and even picky eaters. PLUS you get to see the characters in adorable safari gear! And if you can snag an early ADR, you can get in before the park even opens!

Pros:

lots of options, characters,

Cons:

Expensive!

Reviewed by CarlyMarie33 Review Date: 12/24/2020

awesome experience! we met all of the original characters and took plenty of photos!! the food was pretty good and there was a great variety. i only gave it a 9 because it did not have any food that i found outstanding.

Pros:

character dining, buffet, theming

Cons:

price, nothing extremely tasty

Reviewed by Charkle2 Review Date: 12/15/2020

Perfect way to start your Animal Kingdom day with an early breakfast! Lots of delicious food and memories made with many Mickey and friends! Great waitress, great juice, greatness all around.

Pros:

Theming! Food! Multiple great characters!

Cons:

Any buffet is a con to many - very young children, older people or those with mobility issues

Other topics in Animal Kingdom