Reviews of Satu'li Canteen

Dining in Pandora, opened May 27, 2017

Breakfast Menu:

Lunch/Dinner Menu:

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

The food here is terrible. I am not sure why everyone loves this place but it isn't my cup of tea.

The sauces and seasonings are way too strong. So are the drinks. The seating has so many restrictions posted on the tables it is hard to find a seat even when it isn't busy.

The cast members didn't seem to like their jobs at all and it showed in their experiences.

Pros:

The dessert was pretty good.

Cons:

Food, drinks, seating, service.

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/27/2019

I used Mobile Order for my recent lunch here and it worked as great as usual. We had the shrimp with noodles and the beef. The shrimp was tasty but I didn't enjoy the beef like I have in visits past. I'm not sure how to put my finger on what was different, maybe less flavorful? I also tried the cheeseburger pods and found that they do, in fact, taste very much like a McDonald's cheeseburger. So if you like a McDonald's cheeseburger, you will enjoy these pods.

One thing I love about this restaurant is that it feels a little less counter and a little more table service, though it is not. I found the cast members to be very kind and helpful. The theming is absolutely wonderful- and beautiful!

Pros:

Food, Deco, Cast Members

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 11/14/2019

We ate here twice. The restaurant concept is a good one, and mobile ordering is excellent. The protein choices for the bowls are good. I liked both the tofu and the beef. However, the noodles in both meals were not particularly good and were overcooked and kind of sour. None of the sauces seemed to blend with the sourness of the noodles. I wish that the pods were offered to adults. They looked good. Self-service beverages are a good idea, but don't work well in reality. The area was crowded and not clean, due to children spilling liquids all over the drink machines. Outdoor seating is pleasant, but its hard to get to the drink machines due to the fact that some of the doors to the indoor restaurant don't open from the outside. Outdoor seating is largely long, shared tables.

Pros:

Potentially good food, if you make the right choices

Cons:

Sloppy beverage area

Reviewed by lizzieanne771 Review Date: 06/17/2019

This is by far my favorite QS place on property! I love mixing and matching the bowls - and even being gluten-free I can do almost all (a few exceptions). Plus it is on Pandora which is the most beautiful land!!

Pros:

Great bowls that you can customize

Cons:

No gluten-free desserts available

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Customizable meals in a bowl. Healthy options.

Pros:

This counter service is one of my favorites! Loved the customizable bowls. Dining area is also unique and fun to check out.

Cons:

No more breakfast here.

Reviewed by hsmamato2 Review Date: 04/18/2019

we really enjoyed this place for a quick lunch or dinner- the various bowls and choices were light and satisfying, yet not too expensive,and nice and quick!

Pros:

great bowls-healthy foods

Cons:

lines can get long

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Great, different options. I am a vegetarian and the tofu bowl was great. The ale is also a hit with all the adults. The decor is amazing. The only issue is if you have picky eaters, this may not be a hit with everyone

Pros:

Great food, different menu items that typical quick service, good service, nice theming

Cons:

Not for picky eaters

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

Love the decor and shade. My daughter and I loved our choices, but my husband was unhappy with his (but he is picky when it comes to different food).

Pros:

Daughter and I loved it!

Cons:

Not for everyone

Reviewed by ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

I had the chili-spiced tofu with black beans and rice and charred onion vinaigrette. The tofu wasn't very "chili" but was lightly fried just right. I would love to have had more black beans; the black beans and rice come already mixed up so you can't request just one or the other. The vinaigrette, which is really more like a sauce, was very good! Slightly citrus, slightly herb, nicely onion, just right. I would love to have had a little more of it. Mom had the Teylu hot dog with a side of vegetable chips and grapes. The hot dog is baked inside a wrapping of dough, sort of like a crescent roll dough; she said the baked wrapping was hard to cut, but otherwise it was good (I thought it was a fun, different take on a hot dog).
I had a Pandoran Sunrise which was tasty, maybe a little on the sweet side. The portions were just about the right size to get happily full. Some fun notes about the restaurant: there are a few large tables marked as "shared seating." Don't hesitate to sit here and make some new friends! Also, this is the only QS restaurant I've seen that uses "real" dishes (that look like large leaves) and flatware. The food is just exotic enough to be a fun change, but not crazy enough to be scary or weird.

Pros:

Great, tasty, fun food in a lovely setting. Diverse choices to fit a variety of preferences or dietary needs.

Cons:

Would love to see the black beans and rice as separate offerings (and a larger proportion of beans). Hot dog wrapping is tough to cut.

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 12/20/2018

The food here was very good! Probably the best QS at WDW. We have picky eaters and they were very satisfied with their selections. DS 16 did the beef with rice and beans. He didn’t like the slaw & boba on it. So keep in mind you can have that held if you aren’t interested. My DH has the beef with salad base and thought it had great flavor. The steak was quite tender for a QS restaurant. I had The chicken with salad and really like the charred onion dressing with the dish. DD 13 ordered the kids quesadilla, it was pretty basic but she was satisfied. She would have liked to have sour cream with it but settled for the onion dressing that I had. The Moara margarita was very tasty. One of the best things about this restaurant is how quiet it was inside. This was a very busy day at AK. The outside seating was jammed packed and noisy but once we got inside and found a table I was surprised at how quiet it was. The inside was very full to but I think all the partial walls & art helped deaden the noise. Overall this was a good experience

Pros:

Good food. Mobile ordering quiet for a QS

Other topics in Animal Kingdom