Reviews of Restaurant Marrakesh - Lunch/Dinner

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Read more about Restaurant Marrakesh including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by shadowpup Review Date: 03/05/2013

We really liked this place. The food was good. We loved the belly dancer & music being performed. The server was wonderful! She noticed my husband heavily peppering his meal. She offered him hot sauce. It was fantastic! She then put some in a cup with foil over it for us to take with us & gave us the recipe.

Pros:

Servers / Entertainment

Reviewed by ashjay921 Review Date: 02/20/2013

Our favorite at Epcot! We were there for a recent trip and had dinner one night and lunch another day. The goat cheese appetizer is the best and a must try! (That's why we had to go back for more). The beef shish kabobs are our favorite entree and if you enjoy coffee after a meal the coffee is excellent!

Pros:

Goat cheese app & Shish Kabobs

Reviewed by AdventurelandFan Review Date: 02/14/2020

The somewhat low ratings for this restaurant are both shocking and disheartening. I've been coming here for literally decades and have not, as of January 2020, ever had a bad experience. I always get a table by the entertainment area and have never been less than pleased with that choice. Unlike, say, Germany, the volume of the entertainment is a pleasant accompaniment to the meal. To me, it's worth going all-in for the Taste of Morocco multi-platter dish, as this acquaints you with most of the possibilities the restaurant has to offer.

The service has always been delightful when I've been there, and I don't think there's a more gorgeous, immersive, well-appointed dining space anywhere in any part of Walt Disney World.

This is flatly one of my favorite full service restaurants in all of WDW. It's miles ahead of almost anything in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, and it's on par with the best full-service joints in Animal Kingdom and the rest of the World Showcase. There are some resort dining opportunities — Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, just for a start — that offer better food for just a little bit more. So if your only criterion Is pure food quality, you may want to think about putting the money you'd spend here into that very fine dining establishment.

Along those same lines, a special note for lamb fans: none of Morocco's dining experiences serve the best lamb on property. Jiko has a lamb dish that defines the word "succulent", and it might make Marrakesh pale ever so slightly. But that lamb dish is also significantly more expensive, and Morocco's lamb is better than what most Americans can get in their home towns. (The truly disappointing lamb is really at Spice Road, in my experience.)

If what you're looking for is a memorable dining experience, with entertainment and a smashing ambience, go for a mid-day Taste of Morocco, and be sure to take your time looking at the quality of the workmanship that’s gone into the construction of this place. Why mid-day? Because a lot of the times you can get in without a reservation. Marrakesh is pretty hidden away from foot traffic, so most people don't even know it's there. And that's a genuine positive for a park restaurant. It's not enough for a restaurant to be good — you also have to actually be able to get in.

For me, Marrakesh strikes a neat balance between entertainment, ambience, service, food quality and table availability.

Pros:

Service, food, ambience, entertainment

Cons:

Better lamb at Jiko, if for a heftier price

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

My niece had never dined at Restaurant Marrakesh so this was a treat for both of us. It had been a long time since I ate here. We started with the goat cheese appetizer and cocktails. I let my niece order two entrees that we would share and she picked the chicken couscous and the fish tangine.
The couscous was good but the fish was fantastic.
We both said we'd order it again. We ended our meal with hot Moroccan mint tea which was the perfect ending to a perfect meal. Our waiter, the music and belly dancer and the restaurant itself added to our lovely evening. A couscous doggie bag followed my niece home!

Pros:

I forgot how good this place is!

Reviewed by jjod25 Review Date: 11/01/2017

First time dining at Restaurant Marrakesh and it was a positive experience all around. My wife and I are not particularly adventurous eaters, my children downright picky, so I was a little nervous going in. The food was delicious, not overly spicy and good flavor all around. Portion sizes were good and service was quick. The kids going out on the floor to belly dance was a nice touch. The kids menu had chicken fingers so they were please. On top of it the the interior is stunning. Highly recommended for couples or families.

Pros:

Food, staff, atmosphere

Reviewed by PrincessDaisyDuck Review Date: 08/26/2014

This may be my new favorite Disney restaurant. The restaurant is beautiful, our server was wonderful and the band and belly dancer were great. Kids in the restaurant were invited to join the belly dancer, seeing my 3 year old dance with her was one of the highlights of our trip. We were a party of seven and between us we had the vegetable cous cous, beef cous cous, chicken kebab and fish. We also tried all of the desserts. Everything was delicious, I highly recommend this place.

Pros:

Food,a Service, Decor, Entertainment

Reviewed by Ebersole2 Review Date: 08/11/2013

As honeymooners, we wanted our dining experiences to be quiet, romantic, and exotic. Marrakesh delivered. The cuisine was delicious. We were not sure what to expect, but immediately sought out Moroccan restaurants when we returned to Michigan because we were so inspired. There were not many kids in the place due to the formal atmosphere and spiced cuisine. There is not dress code, but it seems one should dress up when dining here. Highly recommended for a romantic evening out. Try the mint tea- delicious and refreshing on hot Disney nights.

Pros:

quiet, romantic, and exotic, the mint tea

Reviewed by beck9497 Review Date: 06/03/2013

Food was good had the chicken sheskab. Place is nice and I liked how it was tucked out of the way.

Pros:

Wait Staff, Food & Theme