Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 07/13/2014

We ate here May16, as our first day of vacation. We ate here in 2013 on our last day of vacation and couldn't wait to get back. My husbands aunt and uncle joined us here since they live in FL. Our ressies were for 7pm but everyone was there at 630. We checked in and they took us immediately. We were seated in the main room a few tables back from the stage, but right next to the smaller stage. We all ordered alcohol and non alcoholic drinks and appetizers. Our waiter was fantastic bringing refills etc. We weren't planning on using the meal plan but ended up using it anyway since we ordered so much food. The entertainment was wonderful and we sang and clapped with everyone else. My dd5 got to go up on stage and dance with the dancers. We took so many pictures and my dd5 got a autographed card with a picture of the dancers. The food was the best, we had nom nom wings, ribs, shrimp n chips, braised beef, chicken curry, lamb shank, salmon, and burger. no complaints from anyone, plenty of food, delicious!!!!!! for dessert we had bread n butter pudding TO DIE FOR!!!! our bill came out over $400 but well worth it. Will always come back the best!!!

Pros:

atmosphere, quantity of food, entertainment

Reviewed by DisneyTheVs Review Date: 05/26/2014

This was our first time at Raglan Road. We my wife and I) had ADR for 2 at 6:30 pm on Saturday May 18th. We arrived early by over an hour and was given a pager and only had a short 10 minute wait for our table. The waitress brought us soda bread and Guinness glaze and olive oil which was fantastic. After talking with the waitress we decided to order an appetizer of ribs. We ordered the Sheppard Pie as we thought it would not be enough for us to share. We were saving room for the Butter Bread Pudding. The ribs were done and crispy and tasty with the sweet sauce. The Sheppard Pie was enough for the two of us to share. We also added peas on the side to add to the Sheppard Pie as there is very little vegetables in the entrée as was recommended by our waitress. Everything was excellent and we didn't need the appetizer as we couldn't finish the Pie and took it back to the room with us. We had the Butter Bread Pudding, which was fantastic and plenty to share for two. We also took the balance of the dessert and had it for breakfast the next morning and heated up very well in the microwave. The dancers are fantastic. Look forward to returning again. The price above included a bottle of the Guinness Glaze to take home. This was our favorite meal on this trip.

Pros:

Entertainment, Service, Meal and Dessert

Reviewed by allears2014 Review Date: 04/05/2014

We made our third trip here on March 29, 2014. The food and service has been great each time. We had ADR and I would strongly recommend them. We checked in about 30 minutes early and still waited until a few minutes after our time.

I had the salmon swoon and it is the best smoked salmon I've eaten anywhere else at Disney. For the entree, we both had the it's not bleeding chowder. It is a creamy seafood chowder and is wonderful. I had the lemon dessert and it was a perfectly tart and fresh finish to the creamy meal.

This place gets very crowded. It is very loud and noisy between the full house of people, lively Irish music and the dancing. It is not going to be a quite meal, so if that's what you're in the mood for, plan on finding a different venue.

During the meal a few of the dancers pulled kids up from their tables, showed them a couple of steps and danced a little with them. My DS really enjoyed that, it's a great photo opportunity and he was given a certificate with his name on it for dancing. Very nice!

My family really loves this restaurant.

Pros:

Lively entertainment, great food

Cons:

Very crowded, long waits

Reviewed by toolmanjan Review Date: 12/29/2013

We ate here on Saturday 12/28. My family of 4 all agree we would eat here again. The food was excellent. If you are looking for a quiet dinner this is not the place. After adjusting to the noise and atmosphere we enjoyed the entertainment.

Pros:

Great Food

Cons:

A little noisy

Reviewed by DeanMoriarity Review Date: 09/02/2013

Ate here on 8/29/13 and I was seated right at my reservation time. My waitress Naomi was great. I was quickly attended to and she never seemed to be too far away. She took my order for drinks and appetizers in a timely manner and did a very good job answering my questions about the items on the menu.

The menu is really outstanding. The chef that put this together managed to present some traditional Irish dishes with a contemporary twist. I had the scallop forest for an appetizer. It was good, and it comes with two dipping sauces. For an entree, my wife had one of the most traditional of Irish dishes, the shepherds pie. I've had this dish many times in other restaurants but Raglan Road has their own unique, and tasty, version. Well worth the 18 dollars it cost. I had the Braised Beef and I got a large portion of moist & meaty beef along with all the vegetables. Also a very good choice. The portions are large and we were very full when asked about desserts. Now this was at the end of my WDW vacation, and I can tell you the Raglan Road had the best dessert menu I'd seen all week. Inspired by this, I decided to try the strawberry/apple crumble. This was excellent and I would not hesitate to order this again.

As one would expect in an Irish Pub, there is entertainment. Though I wasn't fortunate enough to sit near the main stage, I could see the dancers from my seat and the house band was very good.

For those who are trying to decide where to eat at Downtown Disney, I highly recommend this place. Good food, great service and a lively atmosphere makes for a memorable night out.

Pros:

Irish Theme/Food

Reviewed by peytonshea02 Review Date: 06/16/2013

It took us 10+ trips to the World before we finally tried this place! Had dinner here in May - The atmosphere is very fun! - We were seated in a room off to the side, but the fabulous entertainers brought a small stage into the room so we could see the show up close! The Irish Step dancers are amazing! Our waiter was excellent. We are an Irish family from Boston and were thrilled to have an Yankees fan from NY as our server! He was fabulous and we had a lot of fun with him.

We were starving so the 4 of us decided to share the some ginourmous appetizer sampling platter. The scallops were to DIE for..the ribs with Guinness BBQ sauce were ok and the Dalkey Duo were the least of our favorites. Next time it will be all scallops.

For dinner, DH decided to try the Sod the Stew - why he chose this on a 90 degree day, I have no idea. He must have been inspired by the fabulous dancing and his cold beer. In any event, he LOVED it. I had the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder! and it was very good. I did enjoy it but I will definately try something else next time. There was a very strong flavor of bacon, which was a little odd with all the fresh seafood. Both kids had the fish and chips and enjoyed them as well.
We had the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding for dessert...I am not sure if we were just full from dinner or if we are just missing the boat here...but we just didn't love it...sooooo sweet. Tasty, but sweet (did I mention sweet) and super heavy. A few bites for each of us and we were done.

We really enjoyed our meal here...we were very happy with our first try and will definately go back!

Reviewed by bodean4god Review Date: 04/20/2013

This is a fun place to eat and enjoy the music and dancing! **Know that music/dancing is usually after 6pm** Good selection of food and fairly good service. It is loud during dinner hours, but tolerable and we always like going here.

Pros:

Great food, atmosphere cool and fun.

Cons:

service sometimes slow

Reviewed by lovingeire Review Date: 01/01/2013

Ended up with extra dining credits and a free night so we ate here at the recommendation of a friend from Ireland, I wasn't sure what to eat, but the food was nothing short of amazing! I had the heavenly ham and it was heavenly indeed. Like the ham suppers I had in Ireland with a kick! DH had Braised be Beef I believe and my 12 year old had its not bleeding chowder. Both enjoyed their meals. Bread pudding for dessert was AMAZING!

Irish dancers were fun. My two year old was clapping along with the music. We were seated with a clear view to the stage, but also had the little "solo" stage next to our table. Great experience!

Best part of the dinner might have been my pint of Magners (Bulmers in Ireland). It was about as perfect as could be! We will be returning on our next trip!

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, entertainment, beer selection