Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

The food was generous in portion size and it tasted very good. One of the best quick services in all of Disney. We will definitely go here in the future.

Pros:

Great portions

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/13/2016

The churros stall had sold out of churros (go figure) but they told us they were available here too. We had a portion of churros with chocolate sauce (at the stall you have to buy them separately) and they were fabulous. Service was ridiculously fast too.

Pros:

great churros, quick service.

Reviewed by rosehills Review Date: 06/08/2016

Good sized portions of fresh (not fried or microwaved) food. Had salad, taco burger-creative- and fajitas. Good quality all around. Lots of variety of items on the bar to add to your plate. Crowded so a bit challenging to find seats, but staff was helpful in directing guests to open tables.

Pros:

Fresh food, fixings bar

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by ericbreuer Review Date: 02/14/2016

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe --- Magic Kingdom Disney World
We haven't eaten at Pecos Bill Cafe in several months. They used to offer a Gulten Free bun with their burgers and other gluten free sides. This is no longer the case. When so many of the Disney restaurants are becominig so aware and making great strides in their gluten free choices, Pecos Bill took 3 steps backward. The ONLY thing offered as an Entree was a gluten free steak rice bowl , a chicken salad and loaded nachos. Who would risk the chance that their corn chips are not fried in the same oil as other gluten type items. They NO LONGER offer the gluten free roll, no more apple slices. What is wrong with the management of this Cafe? Our friends each had the burger that looked good enough. If they still offered the Gluten Free roll we would have had the same. But, just as well we didn't because they complained about the burgers being cold. When you spend $40.00 for 2 burgers and 2 sodas the burger should at least be at room temperature. Pecos Bill Lassoed us for the last time.

Pros:

Cons:

Little to No concern for food allergiess

Reviewed by John Review Date: 11/30/2015

I had the steak beef fajita and found the beef to be cold and tough. We used to love to eat at least once at Pecos Bill's during our trips to WDW, but will not return in the future.

Pros:

I am trying to think of some

Cons:

food was cold

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 11/18/2015

We went here for a burger and totally forgot they changed the menu. We decided to eat here anyway and were very disappointed. My son had quesadillas and he said they were the worst he has ever had...almost no cheese inside. A quesadilla has to be the easiest thing in the world to prepare, right? My meal was pretty bland as well. We won't be returning.

Reviewed by disneymom35 Review Date: 11/17/2015

I was one of those people who didn't want the old Pecos Bill's to go away. Well, I changed my mind. We had the chicken burritos. The burritos were a nice size and the fixins bar had everything you could need. We were full and felt a lot better than eating a hamburger with fries. I guess I'm still going to be a Pecos Bill's fan.

Pros:

Great fixins bar

Cons:

Chaotic

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/13/2015

I was very excited to try the new menu at Pecos Bill, but unfortunately Disney seems to be continuing the tradition of serving bland, overcooked food at this venue. The lines to order were long and slow and the eating area was dirty, even with Cast Members constantly cleaning. The portions are large and we spilt the beef fajita platter, the meat, onions and peppers were all overcooked and the cilantro rice and beans had no flavor, we ended up tossing most of it. They need to add small serving cups to the toppings bar as there is nothing to use for the toppings.

Pros:

Cons:

Bland food, crowded

Reviewed by Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

Having eaten here before the new menu was a nice change of pace from the typical burgers and chicken options that most QS places have. I got a spicy beef rice bowl (the beef was not spicy even after I added some hot sauce) and my fiance got a chicken fajita platter. We both agreed that the chicken was much tastier than the beef, but the beef was tender and flavorful. (I eat a lot of chicken at home so I tried to pick different options this trip). My bowl had plenty of rice, black beans and beef. Her platter had plenty of chicken, grilled onions and peppers plus some tortillas. The fixin's bar did not disappoint as there were plenty of options to customize your meal.

It was very hot and humid so being able to choose the strawberry lemonade slush for my drink on the dining plan was a great option. We both agreed that my churros and chocolate dipping sauce were vastly superior to her sopapillas. As per usual the QS dessert options weren't the best but we would have skipped it had we not been on the DDP.

Seating was not the greatest. Pecos Bill's is very busy and finding a seat, especially on a hot day, was not easy. Didn't help that several groups got up from their tables and left huge messes for CMs to clean up. I know it's their job but when things are that busy just have some common courtesy for your fellow guests.

Pros:

New menu is refreshing for QS, large portions

Cons:

Lack of seating

Reviewed by Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

Dropped in for a quick lunch between rides. Was a bit disappointed in the limited menu but the food was surprisingly good. I ordered the beef salad while husband ordered the beef rice bowl. Loved the condiment bar which included sour cream, guacamole, cheese, as well as a variety of salsas and toppings. Portion sizes were big and the food was well seasoned. Overall a good choice for a quick service meal

Pros:

condiment bar, food

Cons:

limited menu and seating