Reviews of 'Ohana Best Friends Character Breakfast

View Menus at 'Ohana Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Family Style brought Table Side

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/breakfast

Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2013/07/_one_of_the_highlights.html

Reviewed by lauri Review Date: 06/26/2017

The food was fairly basic, nothing special. Scrambled eggs, Mickey Waffles, microwave bacon, sausage, and potatoes.
We all enjoyed the fruit platter and the bread. Juice and Coffee were also excellent. We were not really worried about seeing the characters, but there were a few tables around us that had young kids that did not get to have the character interactions that I'm sure they were expecting. We saw Pluto, and that was it. We used our dining plan, but the price seemed a little steep for a basic meal and hit or miss with the characters. Our server was very nice.

Pros:

fresh fruit, good coffee and juice

Cons:

Characters did not get around to our section

Reviewed by kellylsmith Review Date: 03/18/2017

This was our first time for breakfast at O'Hana. We enjoyed the food. It is nice that the food is served to you (rather than a buffet) - much easier to be available for the characters to come around. Service was good. You can have as much food as you like. Only negative was we had to wait quite a while for our table which forced our whole meal to be rushed as we had a plane to catch! This was our longest wait with an ADR for a table all week. Also, I felt like the characters were not as interactive with the guests as they are at other locations.

Pros:

Cons:

Wait

Reviewed by mindylee847 Review Date: 03/02/2015

I felt extremely rushed while here for breakfast. It took the characters forever to get around and by the time they did, they went really quick through the interactions.

I loved the Stitch waffles though, very nice touch. I also love the POG juice. Can't get enough of that stuff!

Pros:

Stitch Waffles, Attentive Servers

Cons:

Fast Paced

Reviewed by Environmentalist Review Date: 07/23/2014

Our group of fourteen had a late brunch at Ohana one morning. Our check-in was for 10:45. We arrived at 10:40. We weren't seated until 11:30. I understand delays, especially with a large group, but 45 minutes is excessive, as we had five hungry kids.

Once seated, the meal went smoothly. Fresh fruit and passion-fruit juice were excellent. Family style meal was ample and tasty. The characters came by the table and spent a decent amount of time with each child. The meal was relaxing and enjoyable and we didn't feel rushed to leave, even though the restaurant technically closed while we were there.

I would recommend Ohana, but don't need to return. You can get just a good a meal at Kona Cafe, without the long wait.

Pros:

Good food, fun atmosphere, relaxed character interaction

Cons:

LOOONG wait to be seated

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 12/28/2013

Again a character meal but not to much character interaction quick single pic and that was it. Seemed to have to bring out lots of what we needed because they would bring such a small amount for 5 people. Mickey waffles are always nice. Juice is excellent. Some type of blend. I had the most of that. The scrambled eggs are my mom's favorite. She looks forward to them. the sausage has a different flavor so some of us like it and others do not. The potato wedges are a bit dry but plentiful. Biscuits come in the skillet too but we didn't really eat those at all. We needed a lot more bacon to make it so everyone had 2 or 3 pieces. the bread and fruit to start is minimal and hard for everyone to have some of what they like. Waitress was attentive and tried to make sure we had what we wanted. We paid OOP and for 4 adults and 1 child I believe it was $127ish before tip. Parent's paid as a early xmas present.

Pros:

eggs

Cons:

waiting

Reviewed by Koon Review Date: 01/01/2016

The food is fantastic. Delicious sweet breads, a plate of fruit, and a trough of breakfast classics! The character selection is impressive, but we had all finished eating and still waited about twenty minutes after before we saw our first character. I didn't think our toddler was going to make it! Lilo and Stitch were great! Mickey was a bit rushed but Pluto was excellent too. Perhaps the timing was just off that day. We will try it again sometime.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

Wait for Characters

Reviewed by sandc Review Date: 09/18/2015

Ohana used to be a favorite for me. Honestly, the only reason I still go there is because the kids like it there. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but what is up with the rushing? I feel like they are pretty much throwing the food at you then rushing to get you out of there. It has been like this the past 2-3 years. I will say our waitress was very very nice this trip unlike last year. I'm sure we will back next year.

Reviewed by cue_chik Review Date: 05/14/2015

One of our favorite experiences while on vacation in WDW!

Food was wonderful.. and ohhh that juice! The character interactions were wonderful.. they didn't seem to rush as I have seen many post, but then again, the dinning room wasn't jam packed like it is in peak season either.

Overall, will definitely do this again!

Pros:

Food, Service, Characters

Reviewed by LLSS Review Date: 01/30/2015

Food was pretty good. And the characters were great (though the little one was scared of Stich, the only one we met the whole trip she was scared of. Maybe the teeth?). The view here is amazing as well. The food is good, though far from my favorite breakfast. While I'm not sure we will be back (until we know the little one likes the Stich character), if your kid (or you) love Lilo and Stich, it would be worth it.

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 11/30/2014

This was our second time having breakfast at Ohana. We ate there on 11/16/14. Our wait time to be seated with an ADR was ridiculous. We had a large party and food was brought out continually. The juice as always was very good. The food itself was good, but this time the characters were not as entertaining. We ended up missing out first fastpass of the day just because of how long it took Stitch to get to the table and because of how long it took to get seated. One other minor thing, I miss getting the family photo that they used to do with the lei. I think taking the lei away took away from the experience. I would recommend eating here though.

Pros:

The juice and breakfast bread

Cons:

Wait time even with ADR

Other topics in Polynesian Village