Reviews of Na'vi River Journey

Family-friendly boat ride

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 04/24/2019

Very peaceful, scenic ride with few animatronics. Relaxing ride

Pros:

Loads fairly swiftly

Cons:

Short, not much action

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 04/18/2019

a beautiful relaxing ride. good way to escape the heat. like all the technology used

Pros:

colors-tech stuff

Cons:

it is not an "exciting"ride but think it is worth doing

Reviewed by Seaya Review Date: 04/18/2019

The theme of the ride was very well done and beautiful. The ride was very short.The people riding with us commented that it was so short and they waited 50 minutes for it and it wasn't worth the wait. I love that it was a nice calm ride, indoors and cool. We luckily had a fast pass. I would not wait in line to ride this for a long period of time, but would ride again.

Pros:

Theme is beautiful.

Cons:

Very short ride.

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/30/2020

Good golly that animatronic is amazing! That is the only reason this is above a 5. It's just a slow boat ride through Pandora which is nice when it's hot outside but it's also only like a minute ride. Not worth the wait in line at all! I hopped in line at the end of the night when it said 30 minute wait but it was only 10. Thankful that was all because I would have been annoyed otherwise.

Pros:

Animatronic

Cons:

Not worth the wait, short ride

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/26/2020

Slow boat ride with amazing visuals and stunning effects. You will not understand if you haven’t seen Avatar. We were totally lost, but still enjoyed the ambiance and advanced technology.

Pros:

It’s STUNNING in there. It’s incredibly well themed.

Cons:

We jumped on line at 7:59 (seriously). It was a 30-40 minute wait. I think waiting upwards of an hour is too long. Because we were the last group of the night, the staff crammed all the boats together in the ride (we were all touching), and put us through very quickly. Felt rushed and like they wanted us out ASAP.

Reviewed by JamesUK1213 Review Date: 02/22/2020

It’s beautiful slow ride and the animatronic at the end is so advance it is slightly eerie. However, this is a very slow attraction. Until the end it is great but for me is a bit too long, repetitive. It is NOT worth the 90 minute wait, which is why I might be a bit meh about the ride as it’s not worth the long wait, whilst FOP is. Make sure you only go on this ride is the queue is short or if you have a Fastpass.

Pros:

The end. The scenery. Nice slow attraction.

Cons:

Long waits Not worth long waits

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 06/16/2019

This ride is a slow boat ride with beautiful colors all around and probably safe for anyone. It is also very nicely air conditioned. I'm not crazy about Avatar and this is fairly boring, but if you have a FP, you can get out of the heat and relax for a bit.

Pros:

Simple ride for little ones and people that can't handle anything wild. Pretty colors and air conditioned.

Cons:

I can't believe Disney did something so simple/boring with all the newer technology as far as the boat just simply gliding down the water. Avatar creatures are too ugly... which is why I didn't bother with the movie after seeing the advertisements for it. Wish they did something else instead of Avatar theme here.

Reviewed by NatF Review Date: 04/24/2019

You should ride Na'vi River Journey once. It is a beautiful, relaxing ride through Pandora. But, it doesn't really have any story, which, by Disney standards, makes it pretty disappointing.

Pros:

Relaxing, beautiful

Cons:

Boring

Reviewed by Koda Review Date: 04/24/2019

Overall I enjoyed the ride, but not worth the wait to see more than once a trip.

Pros:

Very beautiful.

Cons:

Long waits for a boat ride.

Reviewed by Dizney71 Review Date: 06/18/2019

New isn't always good. Rode it once with a fastpass and very glad we didn't spend any time waiting for this ride.

Pros:

Amazing animatronic at the end. (albeit for 20sec)

Cons:

Short short short ride. No real story or concept other than, "oh look, pretty light up things". Some may find it interesting but I found it dull and uninspired.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions