Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by MouseBound4 Review Date: 10/29/2013

We attended MNSSHP Friday night, Oct. 25th. This was our 5th MNSSHP in 10 years. Most enjoyable this visit was definitely the fireworks. Outstanding! Prior to the fireworks was an amazing light show on the castle. We very much enjoyed seeing the creative costumes, especially the groups who dressed as a theme. Each year we see more and more of the adults dressed in costume. Even though so many people were crammed into the park, those people were not on the rides because the ride lines were short or nonexistent. Now for the negatives. The ticket price goes up every year, with nothing to show for the increased cost. It was very crowded, more so than any MNSSHP we attended in the past. The parade is the same year after year. Same music, same floats. Surely they could change it up a bit. Most of the restaurants and shops closed too early. The times and places were not posted for characters. There were so many people leaving the park at the end of the night, it took literally hours to get back to our resort. I agree the party is something you should attend at least once, but those who have already attended in the past may want to consider how best to invest their vacation funds.

Pros:

Fireworks, light show on castle, creative costumes

Cons:

Crowded, nothing new in parade, price increase

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/07/2019

This was our first time at MNSSHP back on Sept. 6. While the crowds were lower (because of the hurricane that week) it was overwhelming with a toddler. Loved the idea of trick or treating, only had to stop at two places because we had SO much candy already! We waited for some characters and did rides with little to no waits. We LOVED the Disney Junior Dance Party and spent most of the night there. The parade was amazing as was the Hocus Pocus show. Couldn’t stay for the fireworks because the toddler didn’t like the noise so we watched from Main Street and brought her inside. Overall, yes it was fun to be there and we REALLY lucked out with crowds because that week was a fluke and no one was there, but i would not really recommend it with toddlers or younger children that don’t have an interest in characters or fireworks. We spent most of our night dancing which she loved and that made us happy but wish as an adult I could have done more. We will go back when she is older.

Pros:

Parade, Hocus Pocus show, rides, snacks and Disney Junior dance party

Cons:

Toddler in tow 😂

Reviewed by pamrrowan44 Review Date: 04/19/2019

I took my older granddaughter in 2012 and Mickey's Not So Scary was wonderful. The crowd was very small, we rode many of the rides with little or no wait and took part in all the special evening events. I took both my granddaughters this past year, 2018, and it was not at all the same. This time there were too many people to really enjoy anything. The ride waits were quite long, the kids could hardly see the show at the castle because of the crowds and the specialty desserts were very small for the very costly price that they were. I would like to hope that Disney will take a look at the negatives from people and go back to limiting the tickets they sell for this event each night. They advertise that it is a much less crowded experience, but that is not the case anymore. However, I would still recommend that people who have not been give it a try as at some point Disney may fix the negatives and it is quite a fun event!

Pros:

The wonderful candy, seeing all the great costumes, the parade is the best parade at the kingdoms and the show at the castle is terrific.

Cons:

Much too crowded to enjoy the night, ride waits way too long and dessert prices much too high for what you get.

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

We have been to the MNSSHP several times in the past and I could definitely tell that this year on 10/30/18 they sold WAY too many tickets. The crowds were crazy huge. The candy was good, cast members seemed very into it. The parade and fireworks are the best.

Pros:

Trick or treating, Boo to You parade, fireworks

Cons:

Crowds

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I went to the party on a tuesday. When I talked to friends it sounded like this party was less crowded than the weekend parties. i thought it was the most crowed party I have been to in four years. If this had been my first party I would have liked it a lot. Knowing what parties included in other years I was disappointed in the changes. Character lines were longer so only did one toward the end of the night.

Pros:

Fun party cheap day at the park with the special ticket

Cons:

crowds no special candy leaving the park no wurthers caramels long character lines

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We decided a week before our trip that we wanted to attend the Halloween party. I was really sold on the exclusive merchandise, food, and entertainment. I wish we would have been able to enter the park at 4pm instead of 7pm so we would have had more time but we were able to see both the Hocus Pocus performance and the Hallowishes fireworks. I tried the candy corn soft serve ice cream and it was great. Not overly sweet. We would definitely do this again and can't wait for the chance to do a Christmas party.

Pros:

Exclusive merchandise & desserts

Cons:

Can be pricey

Reviewed by LLSS Review Date: 09/29/2015

This was our first time attending. I had read the earlier you go in the season, the less crowded, but as we pulled in, there were signs of the party being sold out for the night.

We arrived early (make sure you get there by 4 to get maximum time). By 5:30, we were in line for Jack and Sally. We met them at 8:30. The line was just absolutely insane. Not sure if there is much they could do for that, but man it was insane.

For this day, we had a nasty thunderstorm roll through at about 7. Because of this, it took them a REALLY long time to get set up with the outside characters, candy stations, etc. I heard complaints at around 745 (15 minutes after the storms) that the only candy place open was at the Circus, and the line went to the Ariel meet and greet (which has to be hundreds of people long). Of course the storms are not their fault, but you would think they would be ready as soon as the storms ended to get things up and running (obviously they weren't still waiting as there was at least one station open).

Aside from that, the parade was pretty interesting, the show was very cool, and the fireworks were great. However, I think the top thing for us was the lack of lines for everything the parks. We had a 15 minute wait for Anna/Elsa. We were 5 minutes for Rapunzel/Cinderella. We walked onto Buzz Lightyear and walked in to meet Tinker Bell. Even the mine train only had a 20 minute wait. So an interesting aside at this is to take advantage of getting to ride all of those rides you don't normally get to.

All that said, I'm just not sure it's worth it. I'm glad we did it once, but for $70 each, we essentially got a different set of fireworks, a different stage show, a different parade, and a couple different meet and greets.

Pros:

Characters you don't normally see, lines for rides

Cons:

Price, lines for special characters

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/03/2019

We went as a family of three to our first MNSSHP at the end of October 2018 and had a blast! We had so much fun we convinced our larger group of "every two years" travelers to go to the party this year. While I wouldn't say it was terrible, it also wasn't great. My whole goal for this party was to trick-or-treat, get some Magic photos, see the parade, fireworks, and some shows. In that respect, we succeeded. However, it was very crowded compared to last year (and the party on 10/29 was not sold out). The whole concept of "wait for the second parade because the party clears out" did NOT apply. Although I still had fun because I didn't ever expect to accomplish *everything* the party offers, I hope Disney gets the message about how unhappy the party guests were this year.

Pros:

It's a Disney Halloween!!

Cons:

Definitely too crowded, not nearly enough Photopass photographers

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/09/2019

We went to the first night in August this year. I have been to many through the years. In the past it was very worth it to spend extra on these tickets. No lines, lots of elbow room, and tons of candy. Always had the best time of our trip. This time it seemed just as crowded as during the day. Long lines and way to many people. We didn't even bother with the candy lines. IF they are still limiting ticket sales, they are letting in FAR more than they have in the past. The way things are, now, it really isn't worth buying the tickets. Disney is not the trip it used to be.

Pros:

Nice fireworks. Great parade.

Cons:

Lines too long. Too many people. People stressed out and nasty. Too much money to pay for an experience that is no longer exceptional.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/09/2019

We attended the Halloween party on Sunday, September 22. When we arrived at 4 pm, the attendance was low. But after we ate dinner at Be Our Guest, we stepped outside and were shocked by the crowd!
It was wall to wall people and we could barely get to the Haunted Mansion.
We decided even though we loved the parade and the special fireworks, it was our last party! I had read the reviews, but thought our mid September Sunday date would be different. But we were disappointed!

Pros:

Parade, fireworks and Sanderson sister show!

Cons:

Large crowds!
1 5 6 7 8 9 15

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)