Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/12/2019

I am currently stuck on a montarail as we speak I'm very disappointed with the Halloween party nothing was like it said it would be,they don't even have decent food available just chicken fingers and fries what an absolute waste of 244 dollars. Barely any candy and the staff didn't seem to know much about anything it was our first and last time

Pros:

Non

Cons:

Read above

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

We were at the MNSSHP Friday night 9/27 and it was absolutely miserable. We've done these parties in the past (we've been visiting since 1998) and never, and I mean NEVER was it this crowded. This party was advertised as \"tickets limited \", but with the selling of the $299 passes for residents (or very frequent visitors) to go to every party (even allowing access to sold out parties) it made this really unpleasant. We will not be repeating any of these seasonal events in the future if Disney wants to continue to sell those passes. To say something is \"a limited ticket event\" but then allow masses of extra people in when it is already considered \"sold out\" makes it no longer \"limited\". I believe this is extremely false advertising and misleading to guests. We were unable to even walk through the park at some points and ended up leaving the park before 9pm due to the crowds. Even the cast members at the park knew it was overcrowded as they were making announcements asking for people to volunteer to trade their tickets for another party or volunteer to leave. That is unacceptable.

We've been to MK during all different times of year and this party was more crowded than even some regular busy days at MK. It wasn't even so much the wait times as just trying to make your way across the park, enjoy the parade, get candy, or be in the hub. People were frustrated, nasty, and this includes cast members. We really felt that the difference was likely all the people that had purchased the passes and were granted admission even with the party being sold out. Even the cast members were commenting on this being an issue and seemed frustrated. Long, long, long, lines at the treat stations. HM had a 50 min wait at 9pm which was right before the parade so the masses sitting and waiting for the parade and watching the shows in the hub didn't even help ease the lines. Needless to say it was very disappointing for us and we ended up just leaving at about 9pm, total waste of money. Additionally, people were still entering the party when we were leaving, and clearly those are not people that paid for a one time event. We had originally planned on waiting for the people with the young kids to leave and ease the crowds a bit, but after seeing all the people still heading in, we were glad we didn't. The entire experience was disheartening for us since we had been looking forward to this party for months, purchased costumes, and it was the very last night of our trip.

I hope Disney takes these comments into consideration when deciding on offering the passes for the Christmas party this year. It is frustrating for those of us that have been visiting for years and only get one day each season to enjoy this event. I have no idea why allowing locals this type of access to these seasonal parties was necessary.

Pros:

Seeing cute costumes

Cons:

Everything else!

Reviewed by Chamluckys Review Date: 10/07/2019

This was the worst experience ever!!! They were so many people they sat down and were surrounded by people standing up you couldn't walk to the other side of the park. No one would move I didn't even see a cast member guiding people. I had to push my way thru and was called rude even though I said excuse me. It caused major anxiety. The lines to mist of the rides were an hour long. I was going to go back in October but I'm not wasting my time or money. Wont do it next year.

Pros:

Cons:

Everything they ruined it

Reviewed by Deneshia Review Date: 10/03/2019

I took my wife because it was advertised as limited tickets. I kept reading crowds would be low. It was more crowded that night than all the regular days we were there!! The great lines were soooooo long. Character greetings were up to 3 hours. We even went on a tuesday. The parade was nice, as was the fireworks, but we had to wait an hour to leave or get trampled on! Very disappointed.

Pros:

Fireworks, parade

Cons:

Crowds were worse I've ever experienced

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/28/2019

Went on 9/22. 4th year in a row. Horribly crowded. This year, 2019, Disney sold unlimited season passes!! Greed and crowds ruined MNSSHP. Save your money. Lines were outrageous compared to previous years when lines were very short. Much less crowded earlier in the day before MNSSHP.

Pros:

Cons:

Lines and crowds are outrageous.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/14/2019

Awful!!! We went on Friday (9/13), the park was so crowded you could barely walk. Wait for SDMT was 50 minutes. We will never do this again.

Pros:

Kids loved dressing up.

Cons:

Crowds are too heavy to enjoy the park.

Reviewed by Lorie Review Date: 09/27/2018

I had the pleasure of taking a co-worker to the party on 9/21/18. It was her first time visiting any park, so it was thrilling just for that fact. We dressed up and had a wonderful time. Ride lines were terrific (maybe 10 min average) & the Meet/Greet lines were maybe 15-25 min.

Pros:

short lines and able to see the whole park !!!

Cons:

Candy lines were pretty long, but it didn't deter us at all.

Reviewed by prncsmom Review Date: 09/25/2016

This was our first time attending the party and will likely be our last. We attended on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. We arrived early (we had park hopper passes for the week) and the park was already hopping - unbeknownst to us this was a night Disney offered discount admissions to cast members, so it added to the crowds. We got our bags and wrist bands and then the down pour happened. People were trying to take cover while they cleared out the park of non-party attendees. It was a bit chaotic to say the least. The trick or treat lines were long and going from station to station ate up a bulk of our time. We did a ride or two, but it was that or wait for character photos and not trick or treat. We did manage to see the second parade because we stopped to take a break and the cast member said now would be a good time to secure seats. It was a good, but not great parade. We did see some of the last of the night Hocus Pocus show - our son was tired and we decided to leave a bit early...as well as everyone else did staying at the resorts. Getting a bus back to the hotel was not easy and the drivers were impatient and frankly a bit rude to cram as many people on as they could - the other passengers who had never attended felt the party wasn't worth the price either. That was a theme we ran into for the remainder of the week - just not worth it. For the money - use it for park hoppers or add the water park or treat yourself to something nice to take home - the party was average and not worth it in our opinion.

Pros:

Lots of Candy

Cons:

Over crowded, tremendously long waits for photos, hard to see the parade, show and trick or treat

Reviewed by BarbD Review Date: 09/21/2016

It was so crowded and we couldn't enjoy the shows, people were placing their kids on their shoulders (which I can understand) but it made it so difficult to enjoy the show. Line for rides too long. Didn't even bother. Was like being there during the day. Parade crowds were 6 rows deep, couldn't really see. They were directing the crowds throughout the park which made it seem like the park was even smaller. I went years ago and it was an amazing experience, on and off the rides you could see the shows and parades. Sad to say but I think Disney is becoming way too crowded and no longer enjoyable.

Pros:

Lots of cute costumes

Cons:

Crowds

Reviewed by EliseD Review Date: 10/16/2019

Not worth it!We arrived for the Halloween party at the MK parking lot and as resort guests, parked for free. IF I paid $25 I would have been even more upset.

We got to the front of the lot only to find out we had to take a tram. It was extremely hot out and the we were in line for the monorail for FORTY FIVE minutes! Sitting out in the sun literally roasting. WHY? Well, when we got to the front of the line, the employee was not filling the cars. He was just sending people down and having them figure it out (?) and the cars were going out half full! He should have been standing by each car and flagging more people in. This was absurd and started our afternoon wrong as we in turn missed our first fast pass.

We had hoppers but also bought a Halloween ticket ($110 per person) for that evening for the park and were told the Halloween party was a smaller event. WRONG. It was PACKED. Line times were actually worse here than during the day!! We paid $220 to walk into this event and ended up leaving as the lines were insane!!

Then we go to leave and (again) the monorail line was a mile long to get back to our car so we flagged down a staff member and asked if we could Uber or anything and he said to try to wait for the ferry.

We go to the ferry area and waited for HALF AN HOUR for a ferry to pick us up. Much to my shock, when we got there, this ferry had NO SEATS! People had children sleeping with their faces on the concrete!! If Disney is going to offer transportation, it should uh, have chairs?! AND be more timely during peak times! By the time the boat was loaded and left it had been FIFTY minutes since we exited the park! A 15 minute ride there and then a full tram left us walking to our car for a grand total of an HOUR AND TWENTY FIVE MINUTES from leaving your park to our car. This should never, never happen.

Especially not for what we paid for this experience.

Pros:

Parade

Cons:

Everything else.

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)