Reviews of MagicBand

Reviewed by Brandon Review Date: 09/26/2013

I was skeptical at first because it was my first trip to Disney and I didn't want to ruin it with a new product. I just didn't want anything to mess up my time at the most magical place on earth. Let me tell you that it performed outstandingly. The MagicBand is the only way to go for me. You can use it any where for anything as long as you have your access code. There really isn't a need for a wallet or purse when you are out and about. This made the trip for me so much easier and stress free. My wife wishes she could use this thing in our everyday lives, for my sake thank God she can't!

Pros:

Easily used, no need for wallet in the parks

Cons:

N/A

Reviewed by clayalex02 Review Date: 09/12/2013

We were selected to do the Magic+ while staying at the Yacht Club from 8/28 - 9/5. Received an email invite, but I had already filled out the request and had the fastpasses before the letter had come. We did have one glitch, my band worked for everything except for getting into my room. My DD24's band worked but mine would not. The manager at the front desk tried to fix it but no luck, so she tried to replace it. It still did not work and neither did my card. Stopped at the front desk the next morning, just to let them know it still did not work, but did not want to stand around while the tried to fix it. They said the they would work on it and leave me a message. No message, so I stopped by that night and they finally got it to work. However, my DD24's band did not work anymore. But a quick stop at the front desk fixed it and all was good from then on. Every restaurant worked fine, on the meal plan they will ask to scan it first, but they usually asked to see your card anyway so no big deal. Can't wait until these are SOP!~

Pros:

easy to use

Cons:

still some glitches

Reviewed by sabu1953 Review Date: 09/09/2013

Tested these 8/30 thru 9/7 and found them to be great for the most part. A few glitches when entering theme parks, but they have people there ready to help with the problem. Speeds up everything !

Pros:

Don't have to carry anything !

Cons:

Sometimes glitches come up

Reviewed by creativegenius Review Date: 02/10/2013

We were really hoping to participate in this thinking it would give us an experience similar to the Universal Express passes that worked so well over there.

As of right now, the front desk here at the Boardwalk told us they were running some tests in Dec / Jan but at the moment they are not doing anything with them here at this resort. The unit to accept them is here, but that was it. We think we saw one person in Epcot today with the band on, but that would be the only one.

So at the moment, no Fastpass+ or anything like that available. Kind of a bummer, but we knew that February was pretty early in the year for a new technology.

Pros:

Cons:

Not available yet.

Other topics in Walt Disney World Theme Park Services