Reviews of Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

View Menus at Dining Location

Read more about Liberty Tree Tavern including links to the menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/liberty-tree-tavern

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner.

Reviewed by jtauren Review Date: 03/15/2020

Desert contains unadvertised cheese. Manager was completely dismissive of our complaint that cream cheese was not a listed ingredient of the desert, and only a very observant server saved our mother from eating something that she was allergic to, despite advising the restaurant weeks ahead of time, and no suitable replacement desert was available.

Pros:

pro - good server

Cons:

con - dismissive manager that did not care about allergy concerns

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 03/15/2018

We went to LTT many years ago and the food was mediocre back then. We decided to give it another try since I've heard so many good things. I don't know if we were just there on an exceptionally bad night, or if I need to invite people (including the cooks and chefs) over for Thanksgiving dinner and show them that turkey shouldn't taste like it came out of a frozen entree and sides should have flavor. Seriously, I pity anyone who books this for Thanksgiving in hopes of having a meal to replace a normal Thanksgiving feast.

I was willing to set aside the wait, wobbly table, and cramped corner table if the food were OK, but it wasn't. So here's our thoughts on the meal...

Salad- Nothing bad here, but nothing amazing here either. It's like one of those salads you throw together at the last minute because you need a veggie and someone suggests salad because it's easy.
Rolls- in the same boat as the salad.
Turkey- just bad. We make several turkeys per year and have had good turkey at restaurants outside of Disney...so it can be done. What we were served tasted like something out of a frozen entree.
Pork- The seasoning on this is just so off and destroys what may or may not have been a good piece of meat.
Pot Roast- This was decent, but it's also no better than a a roast I could put in my slow cooker in the morning that's ready for dinner when I log off from work. In other words, if I'm paying to eat in a restaurant, I really hope they could do more.
"Mashed" potatoes- I put it in quotes because they weren't really mashed. We had pieces of potato in there that were bigger than golf balls. I honestly don't know if they put anything else in there either because they also didn't taste salted and didn't blend (like there was no cream or butter).
Stuffing- more like mashed cardboard. It was another flavorless side.
Gravy- Tasted and looked like a starched up version of the nasty stuff you can buy in a jar.
Macaroni and "cheese"- the cheese is in quotes because the pasta was in an orange liquid that looked like it could have involved some cheese at some point, but that's about it.
Cranberry Sauce- the cranberry sauce was decent, but like the pot roast, this isn't anything that's really tough to make and it lacked some of the orange overtones most homemade versions incorporate.
Green beans- there were a lot of stems, some beans were browning or bad, and again- no seasoning or flavor
Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - I have heard so many raves about this stuff. It's not bad, but with the way people talk about it, I expected so much more. It's definitely nothing I'd crave or go out of my way to eat.

Considering how bad this meal was, I find it hard to believe it's ever amazing. To add insult to injury, we were there just before Christmas and paid peak pricing. Needless to say, we wouldn't recommend this and will never be foolish enough again to pay for such garbage.

Pros:

Nothing Really

Cons:

Horrible Food

Reviewed by annploetz5 Review Date: 05/22/2017

We liked the restaurant better when it was a character meal for starters. Then they took away the flank steak and replaced it with "not so good" beef. Now they removed the strawberry vinagrette dressing which was my husband's favorite. Also the dessert which was supposed to have white cake as a base actually had a chocolate chip cookie base.
We will NOT be going back!

Pros:

The turkey was good

Cons:

no flank steak and no strawberry vinagrette dressing

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/04/2020

The dinner here is my favorite sit-down option at Magic Kingdom! The all you care to enjoy meal was delicious! The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is the star of the show to me! The only disappointment of the meal was the turkey. It was on the dryer side, even when covered in gravy.

Pros:

Great portion sizes

Cons:

More "basic" menu items

Reviewed by JaneMI Review Date: 03/31/2020

Consistently good food and service.

Pros:

Quaint Thanksgiving dinner anytime of year.

Cons:

Too full afterwards.

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

The food was good but it wasn't anything that I would regularly go back for. Also it helped that it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas when we went because it had us in the mood for this type of meal. If it were summer then I would not recommend at all. The family style dining aspect was cool too.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Still had to wait ~30 minutes past our reservation time so if you are in a hurry then not a good choice.

Reviewed by Katelyn Review Date: 03/26/2020

My family & I ate here for the first time on our last trip & were amazed we hadn't eaten here sooner! We did an all you can eat dinner buffet and everything was amazing. If you are looking for an all you can eat comfort food style meal in the parks, I highly recommend this one!

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, service

Cons:

Small bathrooms

Reviewed by billium1422 Review Date: 03/25/2020

This is a great, hidden gem of a restaurant in Magic Kingdom. It's casual, cozy, has table service AND serves alcohol. It seems to be more geared towards older crowds. The food, although not the BEST in all of Disney World, is great - classic American fare. If you're there for dinner, everyone is required to partake in the Thanksgiving style meal which is all you care to enjoy - which is fun! If possible, ask to be seated in one of the side rooms - extra cozy!

Pros:

Table service, Cozy Historical Ambiance & Atmosphere, Solid Food choices, Opportunity to sit & relax, Serves alcohol, Great for older crowds

Cons:

Not fast in-and-out service, Not necessarily kid friendly, loud by lobby

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2020

Our favorite restaurant in MK!

Pros:

Great food and large portions.

Cons:

Bathrooms are upstairs

Reviewed by Allison88 Review Date: 03/16/2020

This was our first ever sit-down meal at Disneyworld, so Liberty Tavern will always have a special place in our hearts. This is a complete meal and is all you can eat. I think with wine, we averaged $60pp, so budget accordingly. The food is good and is a Thanksgiving-type meal, complete with a yummy dessert with ice cream. We also viewed the fireworks (but not the light show) from the porch.

Pros:

One menu -- everyone gets the same family-style meal

Cons:

One menu -- not everyone will like it.