Reviews of Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

View Menus at Dining Location

Read more about Liberty Tree Tavern including links to the menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/liberty-tree-tavern

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner.

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 03/15/2018

We went to LTT many years ago and the food was mediocre back then. We decided to give it another try since I've heard so many good things. I don't know if we were just there on an exceptionally bad night, or if I need to invite people (including the cooks and chefs) over for Thanksgiving dinner and show them that turkey shouldn't taste like it came out of a frozen entree and sides should have flavor. Seriously, I pity anyone who books this for Thanksgiving in hopes of having a meal to replace a normal Thanksgiving feast.

I was willing to set aside the wait, wobbly table, and cramped corner table if the food were OK, but it wasn't. So here's our thoughts on the meal...

Salad- Nothing bad here, but nothing amazing here either. It's like one of those salads you throw together at the last minute because you need a veggie and someone suggests salad because it's easy.
Rolls- in the same boat as the salad.
Turkey- just bad. We make several turkeys per year and have had good turkey at restaurants outside of Disney...so it can be done. What we were served tasted like something out of a frozen entree.
Pork- The seasoning on this is just so off and destroys what may or may not have been a good piece of meat.
Pot Roast- This was decent, but it's also no better than a a roast I could put in my slow cooker in the morning that's ready for dinner when I log off from work. In other words, if I'm paying to eat in a restaurant, I really hope they could do more.
"Mashed" potatoes- I put it in quotes because they weren't really mashed. We had pieces of potato in there that were bigger than golf balls. I honestly don't know if they put anything else in there either because they also didn't taste salted and didn't blend (like there was no cream or butter).
Stuffing- more like mashed cardboard. It was another flavorless side.
Gravy- Tasted and looked like a starched up version of the nasty stuff you can buy in a jar.
Macaroni and "cheese"- the cheese is in quotes because the pasta was in an orange liquid that looked like it could have involved some cheese at some point, but that's about it.
Cranberry Sauce- the cranberry sauce was decent, but like the pot roast, this isn't anything that's really tough to make and it lacked some of the orange overtones most homemade versions incorporate.
Green beans- there were a lot of stems, some beans were browning or bad, and again- no seasoning or flavor
Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - I have heard so many raves about this stuff. It's not bad, but with the way people talk about it, I expected so much more. It's definitely nothing I'd crave or go out of my way to eat.

Considering how bad this meal was, I find it hard to believe it's ever amazing. To add insult to injury, we were there just before Christmas and paid peak pricing. Needless to say, we wouldn't recommend this and will never be foolish enough again to pay for such garbage.

Pros:

Nothing Really

Cons:

Horrible Food

Reviewed by annploetz5 Review Date: 05/22/2017

We liked the restaurant better when it was a character meal for starters. Then they took away the flank steak and replaced it with "not so good" beef. Now they removed the strawberry vinagrette dressing which was my husband's favorite. Also the dessert which was supposed to have white cake as a base actually had a chocolate chip cookie base.
We will NOT be going back!

Pros:

The turkey was good

Cons:

no flank steak and no strawberry vinagrette dressing

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/27/2019

This is our family's favorite Disney restaurant. The ambience, food and staff are all amazing, second to none.

Pros:

The food is wonderful. Even though it is a set menu, there is something for everyone in our family of 6.

Cons:

The wait. When we were there in May we had a reservation and still had to wait 30 minutes for our table.

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Ate dinner here on April 7th- was my daughter's choice for her birthday dinner. It is all you can eat and she did order more mashed potatoes and green beans. Turkey was good, as were all the sides. Nothing I didn't like.

Pros:

location, food

Cons:

meat portions too big- hate to waste it

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 02/05/2019

This was my wife's favorite meal this trip. Basically, it's Thanksgiving comfort food, with pot roast, turkey breast and pork, with mashed potatoes and stuffing. For the most part I thought it was high quality, but the pork was a little dry and chewy.

Pros:

All you can eat Variety

Cons:

Pork left something to be desired

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 12/20/2018

This was a mixed bag experience! We had dinner reservations for 7:50 on an EMH night. When we checked in we were told that it would be a 45 minute wait! That is ridiculous when you’ve had reservations for 5 months! I know the park was much busier than we expected but Disney knew how many reservations had been made and should have at least offered us something for the inconvenience. We completely missed the fireworks. I knew We wouldn’t get a spot up front with such late dining but we shoud’ve been out early enough to see some of them.
However, once we were seated our server was great. He quickly got us settled and had our drinks promptly. He didn’t rush us though and worked to make sure we enjoyed the meal. The food was great! My kids don’t normally eat mashed potatoes but they liked these. My son said it was the best roast he’s ever eaten. I’m glad that we tried it but with such a long wait I dont know that we’ll be back

Pros:

Good food good service

Cons:

Too long a wait

Reviewed by Julianne Farrell Review Date: 10/01/2018

I’ve ate at the restaurant more times then I can count. We always go back, it’s one of our favorites. Great food, great atmosphere, and great experience all around.

Pros:

The food is a traditional thanksgiving meal, emersive atmosphere, and amazing service

Cons:

Bathrooms are upstairs, usually there is a wait and reservations are usually needed

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

AWESOME place to have dinner

Pros:

love the Thanksgiving day feast all year long and all you care to enjoy makes my hubby a happy boy!

Cons:

no cons

Reviewed by IllinoisMockbee Review Date: 09/26/2018

Great food

Pros:

Unlimited amount

Cons:

Eat too much?

Reviewed by jeconk Review Date: 12/28/2017

This is a new found favorite of ours. We ate here for dinner before Mickey's Christmas Party because of the reviews Liberty Tree was getting. While we had a reservation for 5:15, we were not seated until 5:45 because they were behind in reservations. (it appeared that several people were just "talking" and had finished eating but were not leaving....that kind of rudeness is not the fault of the restaurant but those sitting....

Once seated, our waiter quickly took our drink order and told us how the meal "works" at Liberty Tree. Basically he brings the salad course and then the main course and finally the dessert course. Our drinks and fresh, warm rolls arrived soon after.

The entire meal is served family style and is all you care to eat so each member can pick and choose and eat as much or as little of each item has they desire. The "Declaration Salad" is typical salad with an italian dressing served in a big bowl to the table. This wasn't anything special but again, you only took what you wanted.

The waiter then brought us the main course. He brought a meat platter that consisted of pot roast, pork and turkey. Another plate held mashed potatoes and dressing and there were two other bowls with Mac and cheese and vegetable as well as a laddle of hot turkey gravy. He came back and asked if we would like any refills and when we ask for just more pot roast, he came back with a bowl of more pot roast. With the exception of the pot roast, the food originally brought to the table was quite enough for four of us.

The turkey was a little dry but you could put gravy on it. The pork was more moist and flavorful. The pot roast was fantastic! It was seasoned very well and was tender and moist. The vegetables and mac and cheese were also good. The potoates appeared mashed with skins on them and were good, but with so many other good choices, we sort of ignored them. The dressing was fantastic! It was moist, hot and had an incredible flavor. It was really the best dressing I have ever tasted. (including my grandmothers....).

If I had any complaints, it would be that our waiter was not always quick to re fill our drinks and it took quite a while between clearing the plates from the main course until our dessert was brought and then before the check was brought.

The dessert was an incredible bread pudding with ice cream and warm sauce. Now, I am not generally a fan of bread pudding, but this stuff was very good. Almost could make me a fan of bread pudding....ok, not quite that far....lol.

We were on the Disney Dining Plan and so this counted as a table service meal for us and was certainly worth it. The cost of this meal for those not on the DDP, is extremely reasonable for Disney World and is a very ecconomical meal while at the parks. It is also a good meal because each person can eat what they want out of the choices and avoid those things they don;t like. If someone really likes a certain item (like myself and the dressing), that person can enjoy more of that.

This is a high choice in my reccommendations for dining at Walt Disney World

Pros:

Great food; each person can eat as much or little as they want of each item; Economical for a sit down meal at Disney

Cons:

Reservations were backed up; Very small restrooms (and upstairs)