Reviews of Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

View Menus at Dining Location

Read more about Liberty Tree Tavern including links to the menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/liberty-tree-tavern

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner.

Reviewed by IllinoisMockbee Review Date: 09/26/2018

Great food

Pros:

Unlimited amount

Cons:

Eat too much?

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 03/15/2018

We went to LTT many years ago and the food was mediocre back then. We decided to give it another try since I've heard so many good things. I don't know if we were just there on an exceptionally bad night, or if I need to invite people (including the cooks and chefs) over for Thanksgiving dinner and show them that turkey shouldn't taste like it came out of a frozen entree and sides should have flavor. Seriously, I pity anyone who books this for Thanksgiving in hopes of having a meal to replace a normal Thanksgiving feast.

I was willing to set aside the wait, wobbly table, and cramped corner table if the food were OK, but it wasn't. So here's our thoughts on the meal...

Salad- Nothing bad here, but nothing amazing here either. It's like one of those salads you throw together at the last minute because you need a veggie and someone suggests salad because it's easy.
Rolls- in the same boat as the salad.
Turkey- just bad. We make several turkeys per year and have had good turkey at restaurants outside of Disney...so it can be done. What we were served tasted like something out of a frozen entree.
Pork- The seasoning on this is just so off and destroys what may or may not have been a good piece of meat.
Pot Roast- This was decent, but it's also no better than a a roast I could put in my slow cooker in the morning that's ready for dinner when I log off from work. In other words, if I'm paying to eat in a restaurant, I really hope they could do more.
"Mashed" potatoes- I put it in quotes because they weren't really mashed. We had pieces of potato in there that were bigger than golf balls. I honestly don't know if they put anything else in there either because they also didn't taste salted and didn't blend (like there was no cream or butter).
Stuffing- more like mashed cardboard. It was another flavorless side.
Gravy- Tasted and looked like a starched up version of the nasty stuff you can buy in a jar.
Macaroni and "cheese"- the cheese is in quotes because the pasta was in an orange liquid that looked like it could have involved some cheese at some point, but that's about it.
Cranberry Sauce- the cranberry sauce was decent, but like the pot roast, this isn't anything that's really tough to make and it lacked some of the orange overtones most homemade versions incorporate.
Green beans- there were a lot of stems, some beans were browning or bad, and again- no seasoning or flavor
Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - I have heard so many raves about this stuff. It's not bad, but with the way people talk about it, I expected so much more. It's definitely nothing I'd crave or go out of my way to eat.

Considering how bad this meal was, I find it hard to believe it's ever amazing. To add insult to injury, we were there just before Christmas and paid peak pricing. Needless to say, we wouldn't recommend this and will never be foolish enough again to pay for such garbage.

Pros:

Nothing Really

Cons:

Horrible Food

Reviewed by debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

This has been one of my favorite restaurants and what I thought was the best in the Magic Kingdom. I was very disappointed this trip. It didn't start out well to begin with. It was pouring rain and I had to meet up with my party for the reservation. The bus was late and upon arriving at the park entrance it began pouring again. I had to wait to make my way to the area as I did not have an umbrella. The idea that they won't seat your party until everyone is there is ridiculous. Everyone except myself was there and I was on the way, just slightly delayed. They were going to give the reservation away. They said they were booked solid which I am sure they were but they always have tables available for walk ups. Also I am sure this wasn't the first time something like this happened and it won't be the last. Once I arrived, it still took 10 minutes or more until we were seated. We were jammed into a corner once they did seat us. The food has changed and I was't impressed. No more sirloin, it was pot roast and pork loin instead of ham. The turkey was just okay. Our server left much to be desired. Not very attentive. It took a long time for him to come to the table and a long time before he came back and ask if there was anything more we wanted. The dessert this time was a Toffee cake with ice cream. They really need to bring back the apple crisp with the ice cream. That goes more with the theme than toffee and not everyone likes toffee/caramel. Maybe it's their way to have you order something else off the menu so they can add an additional charge.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by annploetz5 Review Date: 05/22/2017

We liked the restaurant better when it was a character meal for starters. Then they took away the flank steak and replaced it with "not so good" beef. Now they removed the strawberry vinagrette dressing which was my husband's favorite. Also the dessert which was supposed to have white cake as a base actually had a chocolate chip cookie base.
We will NOT be going back!

Pros:

The turkey was good

Cons:

no flank steak and no strawberry vinagrette dressing

Reviewed by ajrob Review Date: 02/09/2015

Ok, so I visit this restaurant each and every year we are at the World. Each year it is getting worse. Why do I make an ADR??? Second visit that this has happened, waited 45 minutes for a party of 3 that had ADR made 6 months prior. Why would the staff keep sitting larger parties that entered after us? After 45 min of waiting I approached a rude staff member that claimed we were waiting for a smaller table. UNACCEPTABLE!

The wait staff was in such a rush to serve us that twice food came to our table that wasn't even ours. Our waiter didn't write anything done, so that was probably why our order was wrong!

Not the Disney quality that I pay for. Things need to change with Disney Dining soon, I shouldn't pay all that money for the plan if my ADR are not met. I don't mind waiting but this lunch took 2.5 hours for cheeseburgers and we missed the parade we had fast passes for. When I told the staff, wasn't their problem...RUDE

Pros:

food, dessert

Cons:

wait

Reviewed by SnowWhite14 Review Date: 05/31/2017

Love the dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern! This was definitely our best meal at Disney. The meal is served family style and we asked for seconds of everything! We had advanced reservations, but still waited 30 minutes, which was the only negative. Our waiter wasn't great, we were constantly waiting for drinks or refills of food. Still a family favorite.

Pros:

food was delicious

Cons:

wait time

Reviewed by mg0914 Review Date: 02/09/2017

Liberty Tree has always been one of our favorites - a must do every trip. For me personally, it has been my #1 restaurant in all of Disney for several years. And so it pains me a little to give it anything less than a 10 or to write anything even slightly negative. While our experience was still mostly positive we all felt it wasn't even close to some of the other meals we enjoyed on this trip. We spent 12 days and 11 nights in WDW and had many incredible meals. Our expectations for Liberty Tree are always very high.

One pleasant surprise was that we were seated so quickly. Normally we check in about 15 minutes early and wait 20-30 minutes to be seated. This visit we were seated almost immediately. Our server, Ed, was exceptionally friendly and really got our meal off to a great start. Everything is served family style and that can lead to a very cramped table.

The salad came quickly and was as always, very good. It was followed by turkey, pork, roast beef, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and mac & cheese. The pork and turkey were good but none of us liked the roast beef at all. In addition, I believe they used to serve just plain ol' green beans - which were good! Now it's green bean casserole which was barely touched. I tried it, I wanted to like it, but it's just not for me I guess.

Maybe our expectations were just too high. Maybe comparing a family style restaurant to some of our other more enjoyable meals on our trip is a little unfair. Because the food was good - it just wasn't "great". And yes, I would still recommend Liberty Tree. I'm certain we will return because I won't let one not-so-great visit undue a dozen previous great visits. Like I said, it actually pains me to write anything even remotely negative about Liberty Tree. I certainly will cross my fingers that our next visit will be closer to the '10' that we've come to expect!

Pros:

excellent service, food was good

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 12/18/2014

We had a 4:30 ADR on Wed 12/11. We were seated within 10 minutes of checking in. Service was good. Meal was good, not outstanding, but good. Location in Liberty Square is nice. The atmosphere is quieter than other MK table service options so this is a good place if you are looking for a quieter meal.

Pros:

Nice location, family style

Cons:

None major

Reviewed by chlobug26 Review Date: 09/21/2013

I would like to give this place an eight, but I cant. Our server ran around like a crazy man, taking care of numerous tables, so we didn't get many refills. Plus, the food took a while to come out. Food itself was pretty good. The turkey was moist. Colonial theming was nice. Disney really needs more servers during the free dining program.

Pros:

Cons:

Seemed super understaffed. Not the best service.

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/04/2013

This was our third time eating here. Had reservation on May 30. We checked in 30 min early. It was a long day at MK and we just wanted to eat and leave. I'm pretty sure they were taking walk-ins ahead of people with reservations that showed up early. We were seated late (second time in a row now). Our drinks went empty several times and our server would disappear for 5 min or more. Food was still very good. I'm not sure we will eat here next time. Worth a dining credit, but not cash.

Pros:

Cons:

Service