Reviews of Disneyland Hotel

Reviewed by mlm8363 Review Date: 02/13/2013

My visit was 1/29/13 - 2/2/13. This was my first ever visit to Disneyland. I'd heard about the 2 1/2 year refurbishment and was anxious to see it. The new dark wood furniture looks great and the fireworks headboards are special. I watched mine every night! There are several options for breakfast at the hotel - Tangaroa Terrace was my favorite. Goofy's Kitchen is too expensive. Housekeeping was good and they started early. Once I came back to my room at 9:50AM to leave some shopping and the housekeeper was at my door, about to enter. I always had plenty of clean towels, tissue, etc. The H2O toiletries have a pleasant smell, but I still miss the Mickey shaped soap bars. Although housekeeping didn't do any washcloth animals for me, there was a class in the hotel lobby one morning for guests to learn to make them.

Pros:

entire hotel recently refurbished, close to Downtown Disney and monorail, excellent gift shop

Cons:

long walk to the parks

Reviewed by ksmwats3 Review Date: 01/19/2013

My mom, daughter(20), and I stayed here 12/11-12/16 for our "girls" vacation. Our room was in the Fantasy Tower and check in was very fast, also there are characters in the lobby! The rooms were awesome and the beds very comfortable. The best part was that we could lay in bed and watch the fireworks (They have a TV channel that streams the music)! It was chilly when we were there so we did not use the pool but it looked very nice.

The only negative was that the shower temp was only warm for the 1st person in the morning and since my mom is the early bird, my daughter and I got stuck with lukewarm/cold showers.

Pros:

atmosphere, cleanliness, comfy beds, staff was very friendly

Cons:

shower

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/14/2020

If you remove the emotion and just look at the facility, the Disneyland Hotel is mediocre at best.

Pros:

The grounds are very pretty. There is Disney everywhere you turn. The characters can be spotted on a regular basis. S short walk to Downtown Disney.

Cons:

There are much nicer/more modern hotels close by for much less money. While the grounds are very nice the hotel itself is dated and in need of replacement.

Other topics in Disneyland Resort Hotels