Reviews of Walt Disney World Bus System

8 / 10

Disney World buses are the most common mode of transportation in the World. Buses service the Parks, Resorts, water parks, and Disney Springs.

Reviewed by KellyG Review Date: 10/29/2019

We love the convenience of using the Disney buses. It’s free and stress free if you plan ahead of time. We have not brought a car on our last 3 visits. We take boats and monorail to change things up for fun and can’t wait to take the skyliner on our upcoming trip. The buses are the backbone of this system. Also love that they are updating the buses with USB ports to charge our phones

Pros:

Free, convenient

Cons:

Sometimes a wait or other grumpy tired guests

Reviewed by darcelmargliotti Review Date: 10/29/2019

We love the bus!

Pros:

Convenient. Clean. Friendly drivers. Love the new designs too. Never used anything else. Always on time according to times posted at POFQ

Cons:

Sometimes a little too crowded.

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 10/29/2019

I love having the bus at my hotel

Pros:

quick travel time

Cons:

crowds

Reviewed by LauraS Review Date: 10/28/2019

Overall, the buses are not really bad and pretty decent for the most part. It is not ideal at the end of the evening when it is a mad rush to leave parks and you have to wait for a long time to move alot of people. I wish that could be better, but I feel the buses are fast enough overall to keep us staying on property anyway. The drivers are always friendly too :)

Pros:

Most of the time you don't wait too long at resorts for buses.

Cons:

The end of the night rush is usually a long wait with tired kids. Also, there could be more buses for Disney Springs, both to and from there.

Reviewed by Mliz1118 Review Date: 10/24/2019

When we stayed at Pop Century we encountered no problem with any of the buses. When there were long lines in the morning they brought in extra buses.

Pros:

best way to visit the parks without having the hassle of driving & parking yourself

Cons:

the buses can get crowded & standing room only

Reviewed by JT23 Review Date: 10/23/2019

Generally just fine if your expectations aren't too high. The price is right and the pick up/drop off is clearly marked. When wait times on app and signage is working, it really helps.

Pros:

Free; multiple stops at larger resorts; great in off-peak times

Cons:

very slow to load with scooters/wheelchairs; can get crowded

Reviewed by Collime Review Date: 10/23/2019

We had a good experience with the Disney buses on our last trip in September. We stayed at POR, and I know they get a bad rap for their bus service, but I think Disney is listening. We never waited more than 10 mins. for a bus and usually no more than 5. I really liked the monitors at each of the stops, and we compared times with the MDE app and they were very accurate. We even rode the bus for EEMH to Hollywood Studios and the bus picked us up at 5:30am, and we were the only ones on it! The one con is that they can get crowded in the afternoon/evening, but that is to be expected. For moving people over such a large property, to/from 30+ resorts and 4 theme parks, they do a pretty good job. Is it an on-demand service like Uber or Lyft, no, but its free and you are on vacation - so set your expectations and relax.

Pros:

Frequency of buses

Cons:

Can get crowded in the evenings.

Reviewed by sarahgg Review Date: 10/23/2019

Generally speaking, I love the Disney bus system, but it certainly has its flaws. The largest of these is its occasional (frequent?) unreliability.

Pros:

Convenient, Cute (with the new wraps), Free me from driving for several days

Cons:

Crowded at times, Often unreliable

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

My least favorite form of transportation, but unfortunately the Disney busses are a necessary evil for all on-site Disney Resort stays.

Pros:

Free. Fast. Available at all resorts and parks.

Cons:

Often over-crowded. Inconsistent availability. Unfair loading process.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

Was there during this past summer in August and the bus system has greatly improved their efficiency!

Pros:

This system has greatly improved over the years with their scheduling and knowing just how many buses are needed where and at what times. Kudos to the logostics department that deal with this!

Cons:

The only reason I give this a 9 and not a 10 is sometimes newer bus drivers have a harder time with loading/unloading ECVs, which can cause problems with the efficiency. I believe they need more training specifically in this area.

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation