Reviews of Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/chef-mickeys/breakfast

Read prices, menu items, and more about Chef Mickey's

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by dizneymom48 Review Date: 05/08/2013

Got in on a saturday without AR. first time to eat here Food was great alkinds of choices cereal,eggs,meat,potatoesand hash plus sweets.Services was great Mickey and friends were fun even for me and DD20. will eat here again

Pros:

food service

Reviewed by santino Review Date: 05/01/2013

Went to Chef mickey 3 times on our last trip maybe because we are on the dining plan cost does not matter we loved it and I thought the pancakes are very good and the blintzes are very good to my kids are always begging to go back. Characters never rush their visits and always are funny. We never have had to wait long before sitting I feel Chef Mickey is a great Character choice and I feel food was very good.

Pros:

experience and food

Cons:

—

Reviewed by vinecliff Review Date: 04/23/2013

We did Chef Mickeys for breakfast on our last trip and we were not thrilled with the food. The food was the same food served at any resort food court on Disney property. One would think that for $120 for three breakfast buffets there would be a better selection. If you are wanting to meet characters Crystal Palace is a much better value.

Pros:

Characters and view

Cons:

Food is ok and expensive

Reviewed by disneyprincess1014 Review Date: 04/09/2013

We went to breakfast at Chef Mickey's to celebrate my son's birthday on our last trip. There were a number of items to choose from including the standards (eggs, bacon, etc) as well as Mickey waffles (caramel sauce on the side), cheese blintzes, breakfast pizza, cheesy potatoes, and quiches. The fruit selection was good also. The food was okay in quality but could be better- eggs were very runny and almost watery in the buffet line and the pancakes were rubbery. It's true that sitting on a buffet affects food but those eggs were awful looking. Crystal Palace has far better food for breakfast.

On the plus side the characters and server were fanstastic. Each character came around and gave the children special attention. Minnie went out of her way to be gentle and not scare the baby. All posed for a number of pictures. Our server was quick, efficient, and kept us posted about which characters were on their way. She also brought a cupcake for my son's birthday.

Pros:

Characters, service

Cons:

Food quality okay

Reviewed by pkf4bucs Review Date: 03/31/2013

Party of 10 ate here 3/26/2013. I was somewhat worried with all the negatives about the food. I was VERY pleased with the food. Everything tasted great. An update to the decor is needed though and the only reason I gave a 9.

Pros:

Characters, food

Cons:

decor

Reviewed by MJ Review Date: 03/27/2013

We had breakfast at Chef Mickey for the fourth time this past February 28th. We are two adults and one pre-teen. We always have our first breakfast at WDW at this location. We come here for the fun atmosphere and the character interaction which can't be beat. The staff has always been very nice and the breakfast food very good. There really is something for everyone, even smoked salmon and capers which I alway have. Of course, if you're going to do a math equation as to value of food to money spent then you may as well not dine anywhere in Disney. Rather, go for the atmosphere, the fun, the character interaction which is priceless and you will know that your money was well spent.

Pros:

Atmosphere, character interaction

Reviewed by mgilmore Review Date: 03/21/2013

I dined here on Fri March 9th for breakfast.
Had a 7am ressie, so the restaurant was practically empty.

They took my picture first with the statue of Chef Mickey. I had photopass + so they gave me my picture at the table no additional cost.

**Not sure why they don't have your pic taken with the real Chef Mickey...At Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House in AK, you get your pic taken with the real safari Donald.**

I don't go here for the food, I go for the fun atmosphere, and character dining.

I was celebrating my birthday. My server was bright and bubbly...like someone I knew for years. Since I was dining alone, she made it a point to be around when the characters circulated through so she could take pictures for me.

I'm not a picky eater, so the buffet breakfast was fine for me. They had lots of fresh fruits, and Mickey waffles which are my favorite.

The characters were fun and they treated me like a kid again. I had a really fun meal! I love the napkin twirling!

After my meal I hopped on the monorail to Epcot for Rope Drop!

Pros:

Fun atmosphere and good service

Cons:

Food could be better

Reviewed by ktkueb80 Review Date: 02/25/2013

My DH and I arrived for breakfast on 2/23 about 20 minutes before our reservation, and were seated almost immediately. The staff was friendly and explained everything to us, as we had never eaten there before. Neither one of us were very impressed with the food on the buffet. It was ok if you were paying about $20/pp, but for the price I thought the quality would be a lot better. The characters were great and we got our picture taken with all of them. Would probably stick to the buffet at the Crystal Palace though.

Pros:

characters, friendly staff

Cons:

food was below par, high priced

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 01/30/2013

This used to be a favorite character meal of ours, and we recently returned on our January 2013 trip. Unfortunately, the quality of food isn't what it used to be, and the time with the characters was very rushed.

I don't think we'll be returning to this restaurant. We've found character meals at other resorts that we prefer.

Pros:

Classic characters

Cons:

Quality of food

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 01/23/2013

The good, the characters were great. We dined here for my mom's birthday breakfast they sang to her.
The ok, the food, nothing special.
The bad, when we arrived we were told to wait in a seating area, never being told to have our photo taken. Having photo pass+ we wanted our photo. When I asked the server he indicated we could go back to get it done, but they normally take it before you eat. Ended up waiting 20 min to get the pic and have it produced.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

photos, food just ok

Other topics in Contemporary