Reviews of Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles

Services: Quick Service

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Super cool foods for snacks, meal (al la carte) or desert. A lot of people don't know this is here but yet it is often very busy.

Pros:

Really great food, can pick a wide range of things

Cons:

Lines can get very long and seating usually full up

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 04/13/2016

As a wheelchair user I am used to being ignored, looked over. That was the service here. I waved several times and even made brief eye contact with the cm behind the counter but she kept looking away and taking the guests behind me in line. I finally yelled that I was next and the man behind me told me, in French, to take care of me. She made a comment in French and as they argued, I rolled on out of there. Never again.

Pros:

Cons:

Rude cm

Reviewed by D Mercer Review Date: 09/07/2013

The world famous Boulangerie Patisserie in the French pavilion at Epcot is gone! In the last 20 years of coming to Disney World my family always stopped here to get some of the best French pastries. Our visit on Sept. 2, 2013 found that it has been changed to an ice cream shop. What a tremendous disappointment! We were so shocked we just kept walking thru. We also noticed the indoor dining area in the French shop at the end of Reflections of France was also closed. Not that having ice cream here is so bad, we were expecting great French pastries! Besides, isn't ice cream supposed to be more Italian?

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Boulangerie Patisserie re-opened in a new location in the France Pavilion earlier in the year.

Pros:

The Boulangerie Patisserie was great

Cons:

But the Boulangerie Patisserie is gone!

Reviewed by Mayflowers2 Review Date: 08/28/2014

The Napoleon I tried on my last visit back to 2010 was top of the world, I came to Disney last week and couldn't wait to taste the yamm dessert. But what a shock, although the new place is much roomy, but the best Napoleon was disappeared! This one has No taste at all! Not even as good as the one from the suppermarket near my home in Toronto! I even talked to the manager and she admitted that the chef and recipe all had been changed! So disappointing!

Pros:

Spacious, no lines

Cons:

The old tasty food was gone!

Reviewed by Wendy Writes Review Date: 05/04/2014

Somehow this doesn't seem the same as it did when it was in the smaller area where the ice cream is now located.
They still have the pastries and the quiches.
Service was nice, but no seating available inside or out. No one thought anything they had was exceptional, just okay

Pros:

Service

Cons:

food was ok

Reviewed by Motherhen Review Date: 12/11/2013

We stopped in here for a quick service lunch on 12/08. We were not happy with quality of the food or the service. Everything was dry, very bland and tasteless. Our server was the rudest CM we've ever encountered at Disney. The eating area is tiny and seating is very limited.

Pros:

Line moved quickly

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by Lulu Review Date: 01/22/2013

For such a beautiful place , the staff was an ugly foul mood which surprised me that Disney would allow such people represent France. I was struck in awe with beauty of the products and couldn't decide which product to have for lunch when I get a eye roll and a huffy attitude by the cast member behind the counter. When I did decide and she reluctantly decided to take me to the register and asked me if I wanted a drink and when I told her yes. She turned around disgusted and left .
When we were in the store area and bought some mugs and tried to make small talk with the cashier she turned away from me and talked in French to a co-worker in a rather ignorant tone. Since they were mugs you would think she would wrap them another bag. But, no she just threw them in the bag. I am shocked they were not chipped.
My fiancee said that is your typical French "rude" but, I thought this is Disney Cant you show some civility? I was hoping to visit France in the near future but this has really turned me off to them and I think I will plan my net vacation elsewhere

Pros:

Very very good bagutes

Cons:

Service was horrible

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/26/2021

Les Halles is a good option for pastries, unfortunately they have removed the nicoise salad from their menu so there is no longer any salad or any Gluten Free option for a meal. On a visit this past week we stood in line for almost 30 minutes and then had nowhere to sit after purchasing a late lunch around 3pm. Considering how many meal options are not available in the world showcase right now these limitations with Les Halles are disappointing.

Pros:

Good pastries

Cons:

No GF meal option, long lines, limited seating, no option to alter prepared sandwiches for kid palates

Reviewed by John Review Date: 02/15/2014

In the past we have always been very pleased with Boulangerie Patisserie, but on our recent visit we found the food to be less than expected. I ordered the Ham and Cheese Croissant and found it to be very tough. I also had the caramel cream and chocolate mousse and it was only fair and nothing to write home about.

Pros:

Quick service

Reviewed by dreamtripp Review Date: 04/14/2021

I dont know, maybe I had an anomalous experience here, but I wasnt very impressed. I was at the park in the beginning of March and stopped in about 2:30pm. Even with F&G going on, the line was out the door and very slow moving. There werent operating with Mobile Order, but rather youd still tell a Cast Member what you wanted and they would serve you. The Cast Member who waited on me was a young guy who seemed a little bored and I literally had to shout for him to understand what I wanted. Once I got my food, I realized there wasnt any place to enjoy it. There was a tiny seating area with maybe four table with seats and a few pub height table to stand next to, but they were all full (mostly with people having finished already and just looking at their phones) and a group of people with trays standing waiting to nab one. So it was very crowded with no one enforcing any physical distancing. There was also a small area with condiments, napkins and straws that was in such a disarray that didn't bother taking napkins and just took my plate with sandwich and walked to the benches near the Ratatouille area to eat. I ordered the Jambon Beurre, which was Ham, Cheese, Dijon on a Baguette. While the Ham and Cheese were quality, the bread was hard as a rock! I understand crusty bread but this was NOT crusty - it was stale! Every time I took a bite I thought I was going to break a tooth, so I wound up just dumping half of the sandwich. Disappointing to say the least. Anyway, the pastries did look good, so I would give it another chance just getting one of those instead and eating elsewhere.

Pros:

pretty pastries

Cons:

Limited seating, crowding, unengaged Cast Members, stale food