Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Buffet Style
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/dinner

Reviewed by peytonshea02 Review Date: 06/05/2013

It had been quite a few years since we had visited BOMA. We didn't love it our first try but we were staying at AKL and I felt like we should give it another go. We had dinner there the first night we checked in. WOW!!!
It was by far my favorite meal of the trip. All 4 of us loved it! We tried a little of everything and enjoyed it all. Some of our favorites: The
BBQ ribs, spiced chicken, salmon,the different flavored hummus.. and the Carrot Ginger soup was heavenly! - the watermelon rind salad was an unexpected hit with all. The deserts were very good...I know Zebra Domes are the big thing here...but we didn't love them. BUT - they had little coffee tarts with a chocolate crust that were absolutely to die for. I could eat my weight in those little beauties...(I actually may very well did, but it's vacation so I am not telling).

Reviewed by lamystreaux Review Date: 06/07/2013

This has become my family's favorite spot each trip. Great food, great atmosphere and so much variety. We love Boma!

Pros:

everything

Cons:

nothing

Reviewed by 3leggedtable Review Date: 06/09/2013

We had dinner here on Wednesday May 22, 2013. Everything was great. Our waitress Ling provided amazing service. The chef walked us down the buffet line and pointed out all the gluten free food. The chef brought out a tray of gluten free desserts for the table. There were zebra domes, mango melon mousse and coffee kahlua mousse in a chocolate shell. Yummy.

We will definitely return.

Pros:

Variety/Great Service

Reviewed by mrodgers962 Review Date: 06/17/2013

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant. We love the different foods they serve. Everything was delicious, especially the soups, salads, and desserts! Even my 8 year old daughter loves it!

Pros:

Different foods to try

Reviewed by MinnieMouseMama Review Date: 06/22/2013

This was our first visit to Boma after dining at Jiko several years ago. Boy, do I wish we had come here before. Our meal was excellent. Our server was attentive and kept all the glasses full and the dishes cleared away. My parents joined us, and this made me a little nervous at first as my mother is not an adventurous eater at all. I didn't need to worry all all. There is more than enough to keep children and those with a limited palate happy. Those who wish to try new things will have a field day here. Everything was fresh; nothing wilted under the heat lamps. We loved the crusted salmon, the curry chicken and the spicy green beans. I had the mushroom soup and the seafood stew and both were delish. For years I have heard people rave about zebra domes and now I understand why! This IS an expensive meal, no doubt. But for our family who has visited WDW many time, this was worth it for such a unique experience. If you have enjoyed Tusker House, run- do not walk, to Boma. We will be back for sure.

Pros:

Just delish!

Cons:

price

Reviewed by Ed Mann Review Date: 07/20/2013

This is our 4th trip to WDW since 2003 and Boma keeps getting better and better. We ate there twice during our 12 day trip. On July 7th our server was Maureen from NJ. She tiED' for 'Best Server' of our trip with Yvonne over at 'Be Our Guest'. Both nights were NOT crowdED' and we felt special. The selection of food variED' a little from the first to second meal. If you haven't triED' Boma yet...what are you waiting for? If dining reservations says it's bookED' and you're leaving Animal Kingdom, hop on the bus to the Lodge. They usually have plenty of seats savED' for walk-ins. Everything is labelED' with what the dishes are. If you're timid about trying something new, so were we back in 03', but with so much too choose from you're bound to like something. Just make sure to bring your camera. From the moment you enter the Lodge there are a lot of Kodak spots. Tasting is believing. We haven't been disappointED' yet. Six dinners and counting!!

Pros:

Service, food & atmosphere

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 08/31/2013

Not our first trip here and not our last. Food was outstanding. The soups are great. Love the bobotie and fufu.

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewed by bibba410 Review Date: 09/08/2013

We ate at Boma for dinner in late August of this year.

I don't normally start off negative - but I just want to go ahead and get this out there. The wait to be seated was bad. Really bad. Like "why even have an ADR if we're going to wait around for an hour" bad. The cast members seemed flustered and unorganized. If you do eat here for dinner, maybe try earlier in the evening.

Once we were seated our waiter was very friendly and efficient. The food, as always, was spectacular! I have already made my own version of the KokoNutty rice here at home. The spices and herbs that are used at Boma are truly unique and it's definitely something we can't find at home. I do highly recommend visiting to open up your pallet to something unique.

Pros:

The food and wait staff

Cons:

long wait to be seated

Reviewed by clayalex02 Review Date: 09/12/2013

Mom, Sister, DD24 and I ate here on Sept 1. The waiting area needs something done. Also, the desk staff seems confused. The wait seems longer compared to other restaurants at Disney World. Once seated the server was great and the food was great as usual. The plain eater in our group did not enjoy it as much as the rest of us, except for dessert, which she thought was fabulous.

Pros:

food variety, server

Cons:

waiting area

Reviewed by David Carrano Review Date: 09/20/2013

We had the dinner buffet at Boma on September 13th, 2013. We were staying at the AKL so it was convenient. We have eaten at Boma before; however, this time around we found it to be very noisy and unorganized. Although it was busy, we did get our table rather quickly. Our party consisted of 6 adults, 4 on the dining plan, two not. I tried to explain that to our waitress when we sat down but she seemed confused and said she would take care of the details later. We used the wrist bands all week, so we knew what to expect. To be truthful, she never did take care of the details, at the end, we got billed for the full amount as well as an 18% gratuity charge. Believe me; the service was not worth an 18% gratuity. We finally did get the bill straightened out. Overall, the food was just mediocre, not bad, but nothing to write home about. More than likely we will not go back. Maybe the breakfast buffet is better?

Pros:

Nice theme, convenient if staying at AKL

Cons:

Noisy, unorganized, low quality food, poor wait staff

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)