Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Buffet Style
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/dinner

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/29/2020

Wonderful way to try many different foods from the continent of Africa. The choices are many and interesting. The restaurant is beautiful and the resort as well.

Pros:

Visiting Animal Kingdom Lodge Ambiance Food choices

Cons:

Location - Harder to get to if you are in another resort.

Reviewed by Sheri10s Review Date: 04/14/2020

Have never had a bad meal

Pros:

Different types of foods. Love all the soups and foods you normally won't see anywhere else. My picky daughter loves this place. The desserts are out of this world as well!

Cons:

It's a little bit of travel to get there-but so worth it!

Reviewed by Dee519 Review Date: 04/21/2019

this is by far an excellent buffet to go to. the choices are fantastic - so many new items to try. My husband has an onion allergy. the chef came out and walked him around the food telling him what did NOT have onions and then asked him what items other than those he might like to have - then he/she would go in the back and prepare a beautiful and delicious dish fit for a king - onion free. Such great service all around there and the food and ambience is fabulous. This is a must go to place for us. Love the Jungle Juice too

Pros:

Food and service and atmosphere is fantastic and the price is reasonable

Cons:

Because it's in a resort that's so removed it may be a challenge for some to get to who do not have a car.

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great buffet, had been here many times. Have to try it, there is something for everyone.

Pros:

The best buffet at Disneyworld

Cons:

Can be hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by theveganwifey Review Date: 09/26/2018

Not your average buffet. Great selection with plenty of healthy and interesting options. Great choice for vegans and vegetarians. Breakfast is one of the best values on property.

Pros:

Delicious food, buffet style serving, great staff

Cons:

No animal views from the dining room.

Reviewed by coachq Review Date: 03/31/2017

Best buffet on Disney Property. There is food for everyone to enjoy. I am a vegan and the chef took me around and showed me every thing that I can eat. He asked me if the food on the buffet suffices, otherwise he would cook me something up. There was tons of food for me and for the others in my party. We were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary and since I was vegan they gave us a little bottle of Champagne. We always eat here when we visit Disney. BEST FOOD ON PROPERTY.

Pros:

Variety food for everyone

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Fantabulously Cherry Review Date: 02/10/2017

This has always been one of my favorite restaurants and definitely my favorite buffet on Disney property (and I'm not a buffet person). Our trip in December did not disappoint! They have a great selection and there is not a bad tasting dish in the line.

Pros:

The best buffet on property!

Reviewed by featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/29/2016

The choices here were wonderful. This is an food experience that never disappoints.Boma always ranks right up there with the signature restaurants for food quality. The staff is always very helpful and attentive.

Pros:

Good food Cast members are really nice and helpful.

Reviewed by BeautyBeast2 Review Date: 12/07/2015

After hearing about how wonderful this place was, we gave it a try. We had early reservations, at 4:30. We were seated quickly, and our waitress was excellent! She gave great recommendations, even bringing a few of her must-have dishes to us at the table.

The food was really good, especially the soups, meats, and hummus. Other than the zebra domes, nothing really stood out on the dessert line.

Overall our meal was great! Our family really enjoyed being able to sample a different style of food, and enjoyed almost everything we ate.

One thing I noticed as we were leaving around 6:00 was that we couldn't hardly exit the restaurant because the waiting area was so crowded! Strollers and scooters had all but blocked off the restrooms. It seemed to be more of a result of a smaller waiting area as opposed to the restaurant being backed up, but that's something to consider, especially if you will need to park a stroller or scooter on your visit.

Pros:

Food, Service

Cons:

Small waiting area

Reviewed by Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

The experience here blew my expectations out of the water, in a good way! I'm a picky eater and I found plenty of choices to keep me satisfied. The kokonut rice was an amazing side and the chicken wings were crispy and delicious even without any sauce. My only complaint was the ribs which were a bit tough and the sauce they were cooked in was not a traditional barbecue sauce. It was not what I was expecting and something about the sauce threw me off.

The breads and desserts were all wonderful. Get the Zebra Domes and thank me later! My fiance said she enjoyed the soups and salads which were plentiful. Great service and I was able to get the Jungle Juice for my drink! We will definitely be back next trip!

Took Uber from Port Orleans Riverside to and from dinner which was extremely convenient. Had some free credits to use for Uber but the drivers we had said that Disney welcomes their presence. Consider using it if you are in a hurry or need to get from one resort to another quickly.

Pros:

Variety of choices, kokonut rice, desserts

Cons:

Ribs

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)