Reviews of Beach Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Beach Club - A Disney Deluxe Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

Reviewed by SNC Review Date: 11/30/2014

We stayed here for 3 days as part of our Honeymoon at Disney (Started at the Poly, then BC, then AK Lodge). Let me preface this by saying my immediate family and I have stayed at the Beach Club 3 times prior to this, including concierge level suites, and never had a problem. I could not wait to get to the BC and share the experience with my husband who had never seen it. That quickly ended at check-in. We were received without any of the warmth or welcome we experienced at the other two deluxe resorts on our trip. The gentleman behind the desk did not even acknowledge it was our honeymoon (wearing buttons and on the reservation) and then showed me where our room was to be on the map and kept asking "Is that ok?" which should have let me know something was up to begin with. We walked to the room and then they started testing the fire alarm, so the whole walk was extremely noisy rather than peaceful. When we opened the door to our room the room smelled terrible, like dirty socks! I have never experienced this at the BC, or any other resort, but the smell was so strong that I immediately returned to the front desk and asked politely to be moved ( I have never ever done this before). My room request had also not been granted. I had asked 6 months earlier for a room right on the first floor facing the quiet pool. The reservation attendant on the phone had assured me that this was a fine request for my room category, but when I returned to the desk, the gentleman at the check-in desk at the Beach Club stated that my category (Garden View) did not include rooms right on the quiet pool. I pointed out the request, and he said "Yeah, I see that in the computer…" I asked if I could pay for an upgrade to that level. He said yes and informed me it would be $300 more. I said fine (it was our honeymoon and my husband loves to swim laps!). He then had to call reservations to change the room. Upon hanging up the phone he starts showing me the map and says, ok, so it's on the second floor near the elevator. What?! That is totally the opposite of what I asked for. I then asked for my original request of a room on the quiet pool. He then tells me in a condescending tone "You have to understand…it's Thanksgiving." I told him, I was very Aware, as we were there to celebrate our Thanksgiving AND our Honeymoon. He then told me that our room category originally did not include that, and I said they had verified it by phone. He mentioned that was not his fault, but an error on the part of the reservations person. I really did not like being spoken to like a little kid rather than a grown woman. At one point, he even asked if he could call the room and talk to my husband to talk him into the 2nd floor room! (So bizarre, I said No). Eventually, we did get our room on the quiet pool, but not until it was a total upset for me. While there we enjoyed the quiet pool and Stormalong Bay, which is the biggest selling point for this place, and the nice walk to Epcot. The Check-In experience, however, totally soured my love for the BC. I could not believe I was spoken to that way after being a loyal customer and being on my honeymoon. They also weren't very happy at Check-out either, and didn't even ask about our stay. Beach Club front desk really needs to get it together in terms of customer service. Mousekeeping and the gift shop people were excellent.

Pros:

Great Pool, Easy Walk to Epcot

Cons:

Terrible Check-In Experience, Cold Impersonal Feeling

Reviewed by 5busyrussells Review Date: 09/25/2014

I was disappointed. Maybe there was too much hype surrounding the pool, etc., that my expectations were too high - but I doubt we will return to the Beach Club. In the past, we have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and I found myself wishing we were there this visit. The ability to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk was the biggest plus, the pool was nice but not worth the extra cost. I found the hotel to feel to "busy" all the time. Every time we walked through the lobby there were kids running everywhere. Even our kids commented on how disorderly it seemed to be. On arrival, our room was ready, but none of our magic bands worked, so we had to wait until the problem was fixed to be able to go to Magic Kingdom as it would not recognize our dining reservations or Fastpasses. But I believe that problem was system-wide, not just a Beach Club problem. The pool was not available the first day we were there, which was disappointing as the kids wanted to swim for a bit before heading to MK. They ended up going to one of the quiet pools. I think the rooms are in desperate need of remodeling - they look very worn. All in all, for a vacation in excess of $5K, I think I would try the Polynesian next time, although we probably will return to Port Orleans Riverside. It was much quieter and after busy days at parks, to return to yet another busy place, Beach Club, felt like there was never any down time.

Pros:

Proximity to Epcot and Boardwalk

Cons:

Too "busy", not worth the extra expense

Reviewed by wb17449 Review Date: 12/04/2013

We stayed here Thanksgiving week. Over all our many visits to WDW, we have almost always stayed at the BC. But this will be the last. Although the staff was friendly throughout the stay, we had issues this trip. The toilet overflowed the first time it was used. Maintenance came quickly and pronounced that all was well after plunging and snaking. But the thing never seemed to be right. Halfway into the trip, we noticed small ants around the sinks. As we had no food anywhere near the sink and no beverage cups with sugary drinks nearby, where the critters were coming from is a mystery. We were on the 3rd floor, room 3630. I reported it to the front desk. As for the Beach Club Marketplace, nice food options for lunch and dinner, but breakfast options are very small. We ended up heading to other hotels or to Epcot for breakfast. It just seemed to me that the BC is looking a bit tired.

Pros:

Location close to Epcot

Cons:

limited counter service breakfast options; ants; and overflowing toilet

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/25/2019

My home away from home. My entire family LOVE LOVE this resort. We have ventured off and stayed at other Disney resorts from time to time but we always come back to the Beach Club. We will not venture off any more - Beach Club only from now on.

Pros:

Pool - Quiet - Friendly Cast Members - Food

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is a gorgeous resort in a great location. It is a 10 minute walk to EPCOT and a 25 minute walk along a beautiful canal to Hollywood Studios. The Boardwalk is a short walk across the bridge and there is plenty of things to see and do there. They have the best swimming pool and even a sand beach for the kids to dig in. Beaches and Cream is my favorite restaurant in all of WDW. It is an old fashioned soda shop with a jukebox and a fantastic staff. WDW will be enlarging it this year because of its limited seating.

Pros:

Swimming pool with sand beach, diverse restaurants including those at the Yacht Club Resort which is attached. Location to both EPCOT,Hollywood Studios, and the Boardwalk

Cons:

Price is very high. Noisier than the Yacht Club next door. Always seems crowded

Reviewed by ChristopherLSU Review Date: 04/17/2019

Pool was excellent. Beaches and Cream is a wonderful place for a burger and ice cream.

Pros:

Sandy Pool, slide, location. transportation

Cons:

Cape May Cafe breakfast is not very good

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/01/2019

This was the 1st time we stayed at BC. Overall, our party of 4 was pleased with our stay. When we got to the hotel our room was ready. We got 2606, which was an accessible room. My initial thought was to change to a regular room the next day. However, my family liked the larger layout of the accessible room. The room was huge! My DD had a full size fold out and DS was able to have the other bed to himself. There was a very large balcony with a view of some garden and the covered outdoor seating for the BC Marketplace. The only complaint with the room was that the bathroom didn’t have the split design that is common at Deluxe resorts.
The hotel amenities are the same as most Disney Deluxe resorts. There was a QS that had basic but good food choices, though we only had breakfast. One TS Cape May, it has a character breakfast buffet in the mornings and a seafood buffet at night. The character buffet is good, we’ve been twice and had good service, food & character experience each time. Then there is Hurricane Hannah’s at the pool which had good service basic food. There is a lounge Crew’s Cup which offers a standard drink menu and some small plates. The drinks were well made and our server was friendly. We were unable to get into Beaches & Cream- this is a very popular spot and you will probably need reservations 180 days in advance if you want to eat here.
Stormalong Bay is the best pool at WDW. It was very cold the week we visited, so we didn’t get to use the pool as much as we would like but I will definitely go back during a warmer time to enjoy it. There was a lot of seating both tables & loungers.
The lobby during the holidays has a wonderful gingerbread carousel. There is a lot of traffic to see it and wait for Cape May.
The only real complaint was the inconsistent mousekeeping. There were two different days that we had to call for cleaning after 5 pm. That was unexpected. I would highly recommend BC during the warmer months for the pool. I would not recommend trying the walk to HS at this time. It took 30 minutes just to get to the gate but once the construction is completed and the walk to HS is more manageable, this would be a top pick for our family

Pros:

Close to EPCOT, theming, cast members POOL!!

Cons:

Walk way construction to HS, mousekeeping

Reviewed by BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

This resort's proximity to Epcot and its unique pool area, keep it close to the top of our resort list. We don't stay here often, for two main reasons. It gets so crowded at the pool area that we just feel too crowded (and you need a wrist band just to take a little dip late in the day). The second reason relates to that in relation to its price. For the cost, we'd hope for an easier poolside experience. We've stayed concierge and it doesn't help make up for that extreme congestion around the pool. Nothing beats this location of course, and parking is easier than at Boardwalk or Dolphin, when you have a car, but staying during a quieter time might be our only solution for this resort.

Pros:

location and pool area

Cons:

congestion at pool area

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

We like staying at the Beach Club but it's definitely mostly about location. Everything is fine there, but many of the other Deluxe resorts compare favorably. There is no substitute for location however and the easy access to Epcot is wonderful.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Dining Options

Reviewed by mouserrificmom Review Date: 03/01/2018

This is a beautiful resort. I have no genuine complaints, but I will say the service is not quite what we have grown accustomed to at other Disney locations. I have long wanted to stay at the Beach Club having admired it for so long on visits to dine at either Cape May Cafe or Beaches and Cream.

The location is really ideal - a very quick walk to Epcot via the International gateway, easy walk or boat to HS and a short bus ride away to either the MK or Animal Kingdom. The lobby is exquisite. Boardwalk Resort is a favorite of mine, but the lobby at Beach Club is far more spacious and inviting. It is not unusual to see people relaxing in one of the little nooks with sofas.

The service is what leaves me scratching my head. Typical of Disney, the cast members were all very pleasant, but atypical of Disney, they were not very accommodating or concerned. We arrived early, certainly NOT expecting to have a room ready and planning to go straight to Epcot after checking our luggage into Bell Services. We arrived around 10 a.m. We had to visit the desk because my traveling partner and I wanted to separately link our Magic Bands as we were each paying for our own things separately. It took some time to get all of that sorted out and properly attached to each of our MDE accounts as the room was booked only under mine. It was a pleasant exchange with a helpful cast member.

I found it unusual that we had not received a room ready notification by 3 as we had arrived so early and had no special requests. I noticed however that i had a voice mail message at around noon and upon listening to it realized that the front desk had called because the bands were not properly linked (which we noticed at Epcot when trying to make purchases). I was asked to visit the front desk upon returning, which I did around 3:30 and the Magic Band situation was rectified, but the room still not ready.

I wasn't terribly upset but my travel companion is less patient than I am. She asked why the room wasn't ready and was just sort of shrugged off with no sense of urgency. We were tired, having left our home airports at around 6 a.m. At 4:00 she asked again and was told again that the room wasn't ready but they would put us in a different room if that would be acceptable (well, of course, why didn't you just assign us to a different but available room when we arrived, or when we returned at 3:30 after the official check in time?)....and so at 4:12 we FINALLY had a room assignment and went to our room. The room matched the category we had booked (Standard garden view)

The rooms are lovely, we were in a Garden View standard on the 4th floor. It was very heavily wooded, but I could see the very top of Spaceship Earth from our balcony. The room had a weird cut into it, like a block to accommodate an HVAC system or something so perhaps that is why they were trying to wait to give us a full size room? We are used to a small table and chairs in our Disney Rooms in addition to the desk, but this room had none and no room for it because of this weird block by the balcony door. It was a single door and a single window and that was all that there was room for. On inspection, one of the lights was not working. On our checkout day, Housekeeping Knocked on the door at 9:17 am hoping to begin service ..... we confirmed with her that it was our understanding that checkout was at 11, she was pleasant but obviously disappointed that we had not yet cleared the room.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, but in all of our other years of travel and resort stays, the cast members have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to accommodate and meet our travel needs and expectations. Here we definitely felt an attitude of "you get what you get and you don't get upset". I love the resort, so I may try it again and hope for a better experience, but I have heard similar reports from others so we may go back to just visiting and admiring the Beach Club from afar.

Pros:

Fabulous location and atmosphere

Cons:

Not quite up to par compared with other Disney locations