Reviews of Beach Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Beach Club - A Disney Deluxe Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

Reviewed by SNC Review Date: 11/30/2014

We stayed here for 3 days as part of our Honeymoon at Disney (Started at the Poly, then BC, then AK Lodge). Let me preface this by saying my immediate family and I have stayed at the Beach Club 3 times prior to this, including concierge level suites, and never had a problem. I could not wait to get to the BC and share the experience with my husband who had never seen it. That quickly ended at check-in. We were received without any of the warmth or welcome we experienced at the other two deluxe resorts on our trip. The gentleman behind the desk did not even acknowledge it was our honeymoon (wearing buttons and on the reservation) and then showed me where our room was to be on the map and kept asking "Is that ok?" which should have let me know something was up to begin with. We walked to the room and then they started testing the fire alarm, so the whole walk was extremely noisy rather than peaceful. When we opened the door to our room the room smelled terrible, like dirty socks! I have never experienced this at the BC, or any other resort, but the smell was so strong that I immediately returned to the front desk and asked politely to be moved ( I have never ever done this before). My room request had also not been granted. I had asked 6 months earlier for a room right on the first floor facing the quiet pool. The reservation attendant on the phone had assured me that this was a fine request for my room category, but when I returned to the desk, the gentleman at the check-in desk at the Beach Club stated that my category (Garden View) did not include rooms right on the quiet pool. I pointed out the request, and he said "Yeah, I see that in the computer…" I asked if I could pay for an upgrade to that level. He said yes and informed me it would be $300 more. I said fine (it was our honeymoon and my husband loves to swim laps!). He then had to call reservations to change the room. Upon hanging up the phone he starts showing me the map and says, ok, so it's on the second floor near the elevator. What?! That is totally the opposite of what I asked for. I then asked for my original request of a room on the quiet pool. He then tells me in a condescending tone "You have to understand…it's Thanksgiving." I told him, I was very Aware, as we were there to celebrate our Thanksgiving AND our Honeymoon. He then told me that our room category originally did not include that, and I said they had verified it by phone. He mentioned that was not his fault, but an error on the part of the reservations person. I really did not like being spoken to like a little kid rather than a grown woman. At one point, he even asked if he could call the room and talk to my husband to talk him into the 2nd floor room! (So bizarre, I said No). Eventually, we did get our room on the quiet pool, but not until it was a total upset for me. While there we enjoyed the quiet pool and Stormalong Bay, which is the biggest selling point for this place, and the nice walk to Epcot. The Check-In experience, however, totally soured my love for the BC. I could not believe I was spoken to that way after being a loyal customer and being on my honeymoon. They also weren't very happy at Check-out either, and didn't even ask about our stay. Beach Club front desk really needs to get it together in terms of customer service. Mousekeeping and the gift shop people were excellent.

Pros:

Great Pool, Easy Walk to Epcot

Cons:

Terrible Check-In Experience, Cold Impersonal Feeling

Reviewed by 5busyrussells Review Date: 09/25/2014

I was disappointed. Maybe there was too much hype surrounding the pool, etc., that my expectations were too high - but I doubt we will return to the Beach Club. In the past, we have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and I found myself wishing we were there this visit. The ability to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk was the biggest plus, the pool was nice but not worth the extra cost. I found the hotel to feel to "busy" all the time. Every time we walked through the lobby there were kids running everywhere. Even our kids commented on how disorderly it seemed to be. On arrival, our room was ready, but none of our magic bands worked, so we had to wait until the problem was fixed to be able to go to Magic Kingdom as it would not recognize our dining reservations or Fastpasses. But I believe that problem was system-wide, not just a Beach Club problem. The pool was not available the first day we were there, which was disappointing as the kids wanted to swim for a bit before heading to MK. They ended up going to one of the quiet pools. I think the rooms are in desperate need of remodeling - they look very worn. All in all, for a vacation in excess of $5K, I think I would try the Polynesian next time, although we probably will return to Port Orleans Riverside. It was much quieter and after busy days at parks, to return to yet another busy place, Beach Club, felt like there was never any down time.

Pros:

Proximity to Epcot and Boardwalk

Cons:

Too "busy", not worth the extra expense

Reviewed by wb17449 Review Date: 12/04/2013

We stayed here Thanksgiving week. Over all our many visits to WDW, we have almost always stayed at the BC. But this will be the last. Although the staff was friendly throughout the stay, we had issues this trip. The toilet overflowed the first time it was used. Maintenance came quickly and pronounced that all was well after plunging and snaking. But the thing never seemed to be right. Halfway into the trip, we noticed small ants around the sinks. As we had no food anywhere near the sink and no beverage cups with sugary drinks nearby, where the critters were coming from is a mystery. We were on the 3rd floor, room 3630. I reported it to the front desk. As for the Beach Club Marketplace, nice food options for lunch and dinner, but breakfast options are very small. We ended up heading to other hotels or to Epcot for breakfast. It just seemed to me that the BC is looking a bit tired.

Pros:

Location close to Epcot

Cons:

limited counter service breakfast options; ants; and overflowing toilet

Reviewed by Devon Review Date: 07/10/2020

My family and I love this resort! The location is wonderful - steps away from a path to Epcot’s International Gateway, across from the Boardwalk, next to the Yacht Club, and near the Swan and Dolphin! The pool is nothing short of AMAZING!! The water slide, sand bottom, and hot tubs are all great. Hurricane Hannah’s, Cape May Cafe, and Beaches & Cream are fantastic too. My family and I got really lucky and had a room right above the main entrance of the hotel, which was a prime location for views and proximity to amenities. I can’t recommend staying here enough!

Pros:

Pool area Restaurants Location

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/13/2020

love this resort

Pros:

love the pool

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/03/2020

The BEST !!!!! Beautiful setting - amazing pool - access to great resturants ( Yachtsman Steak House ) easy access to Epcot and MGM Studios. Great ice cream parlour - Beaches and Cream - spacious rooms

Pros:

Can spend a whole day at the pool if u choose and kids live it !!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2020

My family and I LOVE this resort. It is so homie and has so much to do!

Pros:

Hard to get bored, love the beach feel

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/25/2019

My home away from home. My entire family LOVE LOVE this resort. We have ventured off and stayed at other Disney resorts from time to time but we always come back to the Beach Club. We will not venture off any more - Beach Club only from now on.

Pros:

Pool - Quiet - Friendly Cast Members - Food

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is a gorgeous resort in a great location. It is a 10 minute walk to EPCOT and a 25 minute walk along a beautiful canal to Hollywood Studios. The Boardwalk is a short walk across the bridge and there is plenty of things to see and do there. They have the best swimming pool and even a sand beach for the kids to dig in. Beaches and Cream is my favorite restaurant in all of WDW. It is an old fashioned soda shop with a jukebox and a fantastic staff. WDW will be enlarging it this year because of its limited seating.

Pros:

Swimming pool with sand beach, diverse restaurants including those at the Yacht Club Resort which is attached. Location to both EPCOT,Hollywood Studios, and the Boardwalk

Cons:

Price is very high. Noisier than the Yacht Club next door. Always seems crowded

Reviewed by ChristopherLSU Review Date: 04/17/2019

Pool was excellent. Beaches and Cream is a wonderful place for a burger and ice cream.

Pros:

Sandy Pool, slide, location. transportation

Cons:

Cape May Cafe breakfast is not very good