Reviews of Astro Orbiter

Reviewed by CatherineattheCastle Review Date: 06/22/2022

The ride itself is great! I love feeling like I'm on top of the world for, like, 2 minutes. You get a great view of the castle and Contemporary off in the distance. If you ride at night you could see fireworks. This is a ride that I WOULD recommend if the wait itself wasn't so awful. The queue for the ride isn't even that extensive but it takes forever to be loaded onto the ride because you first have to get into elevators, then you have to wait AGAIN for your turn to load. Plus, the ride gets loud when it's coming to an end and it can be jolting for a second (it's like a loud "poof!"). I wish they would just add a set of stairs or something to usher the line along faster and get us through without waiting for an elevator. Not a must do.

Pros:

Good views, nice breeze, fast

Cons:

Not for those who are scared of heights, line takes forever, goes faster than Dumbo or Magic Carpets, if you ride with someone else you sit very close to each other

Reviewed by Kirsten626 Review Date: 06/14/2022

My family and I went on this right at fireworks. Amazing photos but a little slow to get the right moments

Pros:

Great view and really cool for young kids.

Cons:

Slow and not a lot of people know it’s up there.

Reviewed by Anondisney Review Date: 05/17/2022

I think I'd rather ride Mission Space than this ride and that's saying something. The queue is straight out in the elements and boring and it only leads to the too tight, too hot elevator ride to the top. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with claustrophobia. When you finally reach the top, they will put two adults in a party into a rocket with one sitting in between another's legs awkwardly, dramatically decreasing the enjoyment of the ride. I would only say the view is wonderful saving the score from the lowest for me.

Pros:

View

Cons:

Literally everything else, just ride Dumbo instead

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2022

Okay soooooo, I went on this ride for the first time ever today, and we had no idea what to expect. When we got off, we were like, “45 minutes for THAT???” It was not worth it!!!! It’s just a carnival ride on a roof!!!!!!!

Pros:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmnmmmmmmnnnnmnmm NOTHING

Cons:

Everything…

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/28/2022

Cute ride, similar to Dumbo or magic carpets of Aladdin. However, I don’t get that same nostalgic feeling on this ride. On the bright side it gives you an amazing view of the park and the castle. Theming also seems a little outdated, and seats don’t accommodate to everyone.

Pros:

-stunning views of the park and castle - a little more action pact than Dumbo or carpets

Cons:

-boring for older kids and adults -always has a long line, which I believe is not worth it

Reviewed by skinewyork Review Date: 01/10/2022

Between the long line and uncomfortable seating, this one is only worth it for the nostalgia and for the family-friendly aspect. The view (which is often a reason people recommend it), is better on the people mover.

Pros:

Family friendly

Cons:

Long wait for a short ride, uncomfortable vehicle seats

Reviewed by AnnaH22 Review Date: 12/11/2021

Great view but that's about it. The queue is tedious and it is very nausea inducing!

Pros:

Fantastic views

Cons:

Makes you feel sick. Tricky queue because of the elevator and low rise capacity.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/28/2021

This is not a ride for tall people.

Pros:

You get to see the park from a different view

Cons:

Not for tall people. I could barely get in or out!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/29/2021

We went to WDW from July 27-August 1 of 2021. It had been raining a bit, and the shortest line was for this ride. I want to say the wait time was somewhere between 40-60 minutes. We had lunch reservations we couldn’t cancel in 90 minutes. We got in line and waited for so long. With 20 minutes left before our reservation, we eventually got in the elevator where we had to wait for three more cycles. We had to get out of line but we were told we couldn’t just take the elevator back by ourselves, we had to wait. And the offloading and onloading process took several minutes too, even longer than the actual ride itself. Would not recommend if you have reservations during a 2 hour time period.

Pros:

Good for families of all ages

Cons:

Long boarding process, deceiving lines, short ride time

Reviewed by Salsa Review Date: 08/18/2021

Pros:

Good for families of all ages

Cons:

Long boarding process, deceiving lines, short ride time

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions