Reviews of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Dining Location

Cuisines: American, Other/Ethnic
Read more about Akershus including links to the menus, reviews and videos here: http://allears.net/dining/location/akershus-royal-banquet-hall

Princess Storybook Character Lunch/Dinner
Norway - World Showcase - Epcot

Read prices, menu items, and more about Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat , Table Service , Table Service

Reviewed by Rachel Review Date: 06/19/2019

We ate here when my boys were 4 and 1. While the one year old was terrified of the princesses my other son smiled for pictures with us and we have some great photos.
The food was really good and I love when there is an area you can get small plates while waiting for your entree.

Pros:

Great food and princesses are cool.

Reviewed by LaFaversWishUponaStar Review Date: 06/13/2019

We booked Akershus for the princess experience and we were not disappointed! The lunch was a great value, as we ordered sandwiches that were delicious and were also surprised to find that our meal included the buffet. We loved that we could try Norwegian foods that we would normally never get a chance to eat, but that there were plenty of things on the menu that were familiar to us, as well.

Pros:

Great character interaction, variety of foods, lovely interior.

Cons:

None, we were very pleased.

Reviewed by Judyb Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great fun for Princesses. Lovely lunch, food delicious. Not hurried.

Pros:

Princesses, good food choices, peaceful lunch, not hurried. Lovely setting.

Reviewed by JAL Review Date: 04/17/2019

This is a great character themed restaurant. The food is excellent and the wait staff are very friendly. This is one of our favorite princess restaurants.

Pros:

great food, excellent and friendly staff, visiting with the princesses

Reviewed by Nicole Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love love love!!! We always get in on the breakfast... we usually can skip lunch (saving us a dining credit) and we try to get in on one of the first time slots so we are in the park before it opens.

Pros:

Meet princess while at a meal to cut down on wait times in the parks to see them. Great breakfast

Cons:

I can’t think of a con for this place

Reviewed by DisneyMom Review Date: 09/27/2018

Yes, it’s extremely pricey but I knew that going in so I’m not factoring it in to my rating. I’m from SoFla and had a crazy idea to drive up (3.5 hours), spend the day with my 4 kids (I was the only adult) and then drive home (3.5 hours again) in the middle of the summer. This restaurant experience was perfect for us! We had a relaxing, air conditioned, two hour lunch break. My 6 year old doesn’t like full costume characters so the princesses were perfect for us. My three year old (boy,even!) just loved all the princesses. They do such a great job of stopping at every table and making the interaction feel like it’s not hurried. I DID feel like I was overpaying when two of my kids ordered mac n’ cheese but you really have to understand that you’re paying for the experience.

Pros:

Great character interaction, delicious food, relaxing atmosphere

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by TR Starnes Review Date: 09/27/2018

The food was excellent and the princess character meets were awesome. Each spent a lot of time with our 4 girls. Each has their favorite and they loved it! We were given a family portrait with Aurora as part of our dinner charge.

Pros:

All the best princess' were there for our kids.

Cons:

Basic restaurant ambiance.

Reviewed by JessicaBonnell Review Date: 02/16/2016

we dined here for dinner on jan 26, 2016. the food was some of the best i have had at any restaurant. i had the porkchop and it was delicious, as was the macaroni that was with it. my husband liked the salmon. our 6 year old loved the macaroni and cheese from the kids menu. it was not the usual kind that most places serve, it was much better quality. the appetizer/salad bar was full of choices, and things you would not normally eat. it was very good, although ran empty quickly. the desserts were amazing. i especially loved the rice pudding, which i was not expecting.
the interactions with the princesses were also very good. the only downside was the proximity to the other tables. in the area we were seated, all the tables were quite close. so it was a little awkward, and you could hear everything the table next to you was discussing. then, you would also have other people all up in your photos with the princesses.
the service was also fantastic. our server was so sweet, and she told us all about Norway and how she came to be working at wdw. we asked her, she did not just tell us her life story for no reason!
Overall, it was a great experience! the food was delicious. the staff was friendly and attentive. and it was a great use of a table service credit, especially when you consider the out of pocket cost.

Pros:

food, service, atmosphere

Cons:

proximity to the next table

Reviewed by Rosebud Review Date: 10/15/2014

We were at Disney in later August, a trip which was planned well in advance. There were 9 of us (4 children under the age of 10). I have had dinner here before and thoroughly enjoyed everything about the restaurant. This time we had princesses, which not only 2 granddaughters enjoyed, but the boys as well. Again, food very good, many princesses. The experience was new to my son-in-law and the kids, and they are still talking about it.
One incredible thing - when I was here in 1996, I had THE most delicious drink - yes, it was alcoholic. I described it to our waiter, never expecting anything to happen. Guess what, he knew what I was talking about and I got to enjoy it again!

Pros:

Food, princesses, service

Reviewed by jeconk Review Date: 03/12/2014

We did not go to the restaurant for the Princesses (although that would be a great attraction for families with children.) We chose this restaurant for the menu. They have many varied choices on the main menu and the portions served are very adequate-large. The dessert selection was really nice because you could try many things. The best part according to many of us in our large group of 18, was the Salad/Appetizer buffet bar. WOW, what a varied selection and all of it very tasty. Our server was wonderful and hearing about their home country of Norway was an added bonus. Even though our server had 18 of us...she did a great job at keeping drinks filled and bringing us our food quickly. This was the first restaurant we ate at during our week long visit and was one of our favorites!

Pros:

Food was wonderful; lots of selections. Salad/Apetizer Bar had lots of choices and allowed you to try new things

Cons:

Tables are somewhat crowded together making it hard to get in and out.