No matter how much you prepare for a trip to Disney World, things don’t always go to plan.
You can have all your Advance Dining Reservations scheduled, Genie+ selections lined up, and all of your ducks all in a row — but sometimes unexpected problems occur that throw off your day. Occasionally, rides break down in Disney World. Today, two of those rides were MAJOR attractions.
The Cast Members were not sure when it would be back up, but they did note that they would honor Lightning Lane selections for the attraction when it goes back up later in the day.
Over in Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland was also affected by closures. Two rides in this section of the park were down during this time — one of them was another major attraction! TRON Lightcycle / Run AND Space Mountain went down at the same time.
In Adventureland, Magic Carpets of Aladdin was down for technical difficulties as well. As of this writing, all four of these attractions are still closed. Sometimes ride closures like these will only last a few minutes. But other times, they can last for several hours.
Here’s what to do if a ride suddenly closes during your trip:
- Check the My Disney Experience app constantly for updates (if a wait time for the ride is displayed, you’ll know the ride has likely reopened)
- Ask Cast Members outside of the ride if they know what has happened and if they have a better idea about when the ride might reopen
- Come up with a plan “B” in advance in case one of your must-do rides unexpectedly closes
- Mentally prepare little ones for potential closures by discussing the possibility at home
- Use that closure time to knock other things off of your list, take a break, grab a snack, or otherwise utilize your time in the park!
We’ll keep an eye out on the situation, so stay tuned to AllEars for all the latest Disney news!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Has your Disney World trip ever been affected by numerous ride closures? Let us know in the comments below!