While we love to share on-the-ground news and updates from our favorite theme parks, we also like to keep you all up-to-date on the latest announcements from the companies that run the parks. Earlier today, we shared the news Susan Arnold would replace Bob Iger as Chair of the Walt Disney Company.
As it turns out, some big leadership changes are happening over at Universal Orlando as well!
Spectrum News has reported that Universal Orlando’s President Bill Davis is retiring after serving for fifteen years in the role. He will be replaced by current Universal Studios Hollywood President, Karen Irwin.
Over the past fifteen years, Davis oversaw “the opening of Volcano Bay and the addition of both Wizarding World of Harry Potter lands.” Outgoing Universal Parks & Resorts CEO Tom Williams said in a statement that “Bill is a legend in our industry and here at Universal.”
Be sure to follow along for more of the latest Disney and Universal news as it breaks!
Are you planning on taking a trip to Universal Orlando in 2022? Let us know in the comments!
More Universal News!
- NEWS: Universal Orlando Opening Limited-Time Classic Monsters Tribute Store
- BREAKING: Universal’s Epic Universe Gets Opening Timeline
- Infamous Universal Orlando Ride Malfunctions
- Do YOU Qualify For Universal Orlando’s Buy 2 Days, Get 2 Days FREE Ticket Deal?
- NEWS: COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Requirement Paused For Universal Employees
- HURRY! Universal Passholders Can Now Sign Up to Be in the Mardi Gras Parade!
- Who Closes More Attractions: Disney World or Universal Orlando?
- AllEars TV: Does Anyone Actually Like These Rides?
- PHOTOS: See an UPDATE on Universal Orlando’s Newest Theme Park!
- 7 Universal Rides That Will Have You Saying “Disney Who?”
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!