If you’ve seen Pixar’s Luca, there’s a high chance you’ve been dreaming of a summer on the Italian Riviera.
If you’re a food-lover, like us, there’s an even higher chance you’ve been dreaming of the pasta made by Massimo in the film.
Luca director Enrico Casarosa has shared his recipe for a traditional Ligurian Trenette al Pesto, complete with step-by-step illustrations, so at least we can fulfill one of our dreams this summer!
- 500g of Trenette (or any pasta you love!)
- 100g of Green Beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large Yellow Potato cut into 1-inch cubes
- 45 leaves (50g) Basil Genovese (round leaves)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- A pinch of Coarse Salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano
- 2 tablespoons of grated Pecorino
- A handful (about 30g) of Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Glass (or 100mL) of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1. Mash the basil and garlic with a pinch of coarse salt (either with a mortar and pestle or a food processor). Slowly add a bit of olive oil as you go.
2. Add the pine nuts, grated Parmigiano, and grated Pecorino. Continue to add olive oil until the mixture is the consistency of a very dense cream.
3. Boil the water for the pasta. Once it reaches a boil, add some coarse salt.
4. Add the pasta, green beans, and potato to the boiling water.
5. Once the pasta is cooked al dente – not too soft – remove from the heat and drain, saving a cup of the pasta water for the sauce.
6. Place the pesto on the bottom of the serving bowl and add a few spoonfuls of the pasta water.
7. Add your pasta, potato, and green beans to the bowl. Mix well and enjoy!
If you have fun making this recipe, be sure to check out all of our other Disney recipes! We have recipes for other Italian dishes, like the Lasagna al Forno and the Gnocchi with Spinach and Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, both from Tutto Italia in EPCOT’s Italy pavilion!
Planning on making this pasta? Let us know how it turns out in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!