But, if you can’t wait for those performances, there’s another you can watch in-person for the first time in forever!
D23 gave a look inside the Live at The New Am: A Benefit Concert for The Actors Fund that debuted for the grand reopening of Broadway’s New Amsterdam Theatre this past Thursday night.
The show featured Disney on Broadway stars Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins), Michael James Scott (Aladdin), Kissy Simmons (The Lion King), and Josh Strickland (Tarzan), who were the first to perform at the New Amsterdam Theatre since Broadway closed at the beginning of 2020.
D23 also noted that the Live at The New Am: A Benefit Concert for The Actors Fund was the first Broadway performance to employ actors on an Equity — the union for Broadway performers — contract since the closures as well. And, everyone was extremely excited to celebrate as the event was sold-out for the first reopened show!
The singers all performed Disney on Broadway hits like “Beauty and the Beast,” “Circle of Life,” “Let It Go,” and “A Whole New World.” But, if you want a chance to see the show live in New York for yourself, you have the chance to do so with the remaining events on July 24th at 7:30PM EST and July 25th at 2PM EST. Tickets can be purchased here for a range of $79.50 to $99.50. And, Disney has even provided 2,000 free tickets to healthcare workers and their families from the Greater New York Hospital Association, who have continued to selflessly give back to the community during this difficult time.
Live at The New Am: A Benefit Concert for The Actors Fund does have a few health and safety guidelines for guests, cast, musicians, and crew members. So, guests will need to bring proof of vaccination to enter the theater. And, the guests who are under the age of 12 must be with a vaccinated adult to watch the show, as well. As more Disney on Broadway shows return to the stage, we’ll be sure to give you a look at everything you can expect. Stay tuned with All Ears for more Disney entertainment and news!
What’s your favorite Disney on Broadway show? Let us know in the comments below!
- Reservations Now Open for EPCOT’s Fireworks Dining Experiences
- Ranking Disney World’s Anniversary Celebrations (And Where the 50th Stands So Far)
- VIDEO: Sneak Peek at the MUSIC for Magic Kingdom’s NEW Fireworks Show!
- Is EPCOT’s Space 220 Worth the Price Tag?
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek Comments on Scarlett Johansson Lawsuit
- Here’s When Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi’ Will Be FREE on Disney+
- You Can Score a FREE Collectible Key During Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration
- Could This Popular Tradition RETURN for EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays?
- Is the Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert Cruise Worth the Cost in Disney World?
- Disney Did NOT Have a Good Night at This Year’s Emmys
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!