Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings just wrapped a press conference where it was announced that the county would begin a three-phase approach to loosen its face mask and physical distancing guidelines.
Phase one of this three-tiered approach goes into effect immediately, which reduces physical distancing mandates from six feet to three feet.
While taking reporter questions, News 6 asked Mayor Demings, “Yesterday we had spoken about the theme parks, and you’re thinking they’re going to probably change things. A lot of things are outdoor, our theme parks and attractions — they have told us they’re going to rely on county leaders. Have there been any conversations, and what changes we can be seeing in our tourism district?”
Mayor Demings responded, “So in terms of have we had any communication with our theme parks, yes, we’ve had communication with them. They will make some adjustments.”
He continued on to say, “I believe the adjustments that they will make will be based upon keeping their guests safe, and this allows them as they manage the lines and other things for those outdoor types of settings and even indoor, they’re able to increase capacity as a result of that.”
While these mandates are related to public county spaces and private companies like Disney World can set their own guidelines, the reporter from News 6 did point out that the parks would “rely on county leaders” in how their guideliens may change in the future.
These updates from Orange County come after the CDC modified their face mask guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals. Mayor Demings encouraged all county residents to follow these CDC guidelines. We’ll continue to keep a close watch on the news coming out of Orange County as well as Disney World as these modifications go into effect.
Click here to read more about Orange County’s three-phase approach to loosening their face mask and physical distancing mandates.
Will you be traveling to Disney World in 2021? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- Disney World’s Highest Wait Time Yesterday Probably Won’t Surprise You…
- NEWS: Disney World Railroad Closure EXTENDED into 2022
- AllEars TV: Should You PAY To Skip the Lines in Disney World?
- Everything You Can Do for Halloween in Disney World Without Going to BOO Bash
- A Classic Attraction Had One of the BIGGEST Wait Times in Disney World Yesterday!
- NEWS: Disney World Renames Modified Character Meet and Greets
- AllEars TV: Starbucks is NOT the Best Coffee in Disney World
- 12 Things You Forgot About for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
- 8 Things (Besides Crowds) That Will Impact Your 2021 Disney World Trip
- NEWS: Holiday Park Passes For Disney World Are Starting to Sell Out