While Disney is a true global company with operations across the U.S. as well as abroad, their headquarters are located in Southern California. However, that may soon change, at least for some of the company’s divisions.
According to Orlando Business Journal, the Walt Disney Company may be in talks of moving some of its business divisions from California to Florida.
If confirmed, the divisions would reportedly move to Lake Nona, a master-planned community in southeast Orlando. Nothing has been signed or approved, at at this time it is unclear exactly which divisions or how many people would move to Florida.
A Disney spokesperson said to Orlando Business Journal that “As the largest employer in Central Florida, we are always exploring opportunities for additional locations within the vicinity of our theme park, but there is nothing concrete.”
In 2020, a contentious relationship between Disney and the State of California came to light. Governor Gavin Newsom approved strict theme park reopening guidance in the fall, stating that he was in “no hurry” to open parks like Disneyland back up.
However, there is no evidence to suggest that the friction between the state and Disney is the cause for this potential move, as other California-based companies have been eyeing a move to more tax-friendly states. Companies like Hewlett-Packard, Oracle Corp., and Tesla have either considered or are moving their headquarters out of California.
The Walt Disney Company has been headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios complex in Burbank, California since the success of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs financed the construction of the Walt Disney Studios in 1939.
We will keep a close watch on this story and will let you know if we hear of any new developments!
Have you ever visited the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank, CA? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney News!
- Lovesac and Disney+ Partnership Will Take Your Streaming Experience to the NEXT LEVEL
- How to Get $2 Movie Tickets This Summer!
- NEWS: A Disney Store Unlike Any Other is Coming to Orlando
- COVID-19, a Potential Summer Surge, and Disney World: What You Need to Know
- NEWS: Orlando Airport Experiencing Delays Due To Severe Weather
- 1,800+ Movie Props from ‘Star Wars,’ Marvel, and MORE Will Be Auctioned SOON!
- Former Disney CEO Bob Iger Is Now In The Grocery Delivery Business
- NEWS: Orlando International Airport Sees Third Busiest Month EVER in 2022
- Want FREE BEER? One Florida Theme Park is Giving Some Out This Summer!
- BREAKING: Reopening Timeframe Announced for Disney’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!