Nationwide, states are continuing to see upward trends in positive case rates, prompting local leadership to potentially revisit or tighten down on advisories and mandates.
While the state of California is seeing another rise in cases that prompted a new stay-home order as well as the shutdown of dining at Los Angeles County restaurants, the state of Florida is also reaching a new milestones.
According to an updated case summary released on December 1st, the state of Florida has officially surpassed one million confirmed positive COVID cases. Specifically, the grand total for positive cases in Florida as of December 1st is 1,008,166.
Florida is now the third state in the U.S. to surpass one million confirmed cases, following Texas and California. According to the latest data from those two states, Texas currently as 1,264,624 confirmed cases, while California has a total of 1,225,189 confirmed cases.
Despite this milestone being reached, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis noted earlier this week that there will be “no lockdowns, no fines, no school closures.” In that same press conference, DeSantis praised Florida theme parks including Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld at curbing the spread of the virus while continuing to operate.
We will continue to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news coming out of Florida and California as theme parks continue their phased reopening.
Click here to read about Los Angeles County’s new stay-at-home order, which went into effect yesterday.
More News You Should Know About!
- NEWS: Brightline Train to Disney World Given Deadline to Solidify Plans
- How Many Americans Will Travel for Spring Break? The Answer May Surprise You!
- NEWS: California Governor Announces Changes to COVID-19 Restrictions
- There’s a VIRTUAL Way to Celebrate Disney’s Big Anniversaries!
- PHOTOS: Check Out the ADORABLE Orange Bird Magic Shot You Can Get in EPCOT!
- Popular Lu’au Dinner Show Will Return to Disney’s Aulani SOON!
- How EPCOT’s Tiniest Residents Are Celebrating the Flower & Garden Festival
- NEWS: Adventures by Disney Updates Some Cancellation and Payment Policies
- NEWS: In-Person Sporting Attendance May Be Permitted in California Soon
- NEWS: 20% of All Disney Stores to Close as Company Switches Focus to Online
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!