While the two theme parks in the Disneyland Resort have remained closed for nearly six months, Downtown Disney has been open for Guests since July 9th. Currently, the only parking that is available on Disneyland property for Guests to use while visiting Downtown Disney is the Simba Parking Lot.
Under normal circumstances, Disneyland charges all guests, including Annual Passholders, for parking in the Simba Lot. However, in this initial reopening phase, parking in that lot has been free for all guests. The days of complimentary parking could be numbered, however, as new parking self pay meters have appeared.
On a recent outing to Downtown Disney, we spotted a new Parking Self Pay station in the Simba Parking Lot.
The station includes four meters that at this time are still wrapped. The station itself is also blocked off, so for now, it’s not activated or available for Guests to use.
Once the theme parks reopen, it’s possible the Simba Lot could go back to charging guests for parking, but that remains to be seen! It’s also possible that the parking station activates well before the theme parks reopen, and guests will soon have to pay to park. For the time being, complimentary parking is still available.
Click here to read about Orange County’s reopening progress and what that could mean for Disneyland!
- Five Crazy Myths Surrounding Disney’s Haunted Mansion
- Celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day With a Virtual Tour of Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean!
- NEWS! The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Has Extended Its Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Through the End of October
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise Will Be Available in Disney Springs and Online Very Soon!
- Disneyland Could “Comfortably” Operate at 50% Capacity Upon Reopening, According to Analysts
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort is Canceling Upcoming Hotel Reservations Through Early October
- NEWS: Disneyland Hotel Reservations Now Only Available for Mid-October and Later
- PHOTOS! We Spotted Reservation Signs and a Potential New Walkway Over at Disneyland Resort!
- NEWS! California Governor States That an Update on Theme Parks Will Be Provided Soon!
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort President Releases Statement on Theme Parks’ Reopening in California
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you visited Downtown Disney since it reopened in July? Let us know in the comments!