Recently, there has been some back and forth between Disney World and Actors’ Equity Association, the union that represents many professional stage actors and stage managers across the United States.
Disney World proposed a reopening safety plan to Equity, which the executive committee has since unanimously rejected.
According to Deadline, Actors’ Equity cited the lack of testing of the performers as their reason for rejecting the proposed plans. Actors Equity pointed out that testing is “a fundamental part of maintaining a safe and healthy environment.” Executive Director of Actors’ Equity Mary McColl said in a statement, “Now is the time for Disney to pause, focus on the science and put the safety of their actors and stage managers first by making regular testing available.”
At the time Equity decided to reject the safety plans, Disney World had not yet called any union actors back to work, although Equity had agreed to not stand in the way if Disney were to go ahead and contact its members while safety negotiations were ongoing.
Many stage performers that guests see at Disney World belong to Actors’ Equity Association. Stage performers at the Disneyland Resort belong to a different union, the American Guild of Variety Artists.
Do you have upcoming travel plans to Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!