Yellowfin Tuna Disney Cruise Line
Skill Level: Moderate
Time: 1 hour
- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks (¾ cup ea.)
- 1 bok choy
- ½ cup soybeans
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb. rice noodles
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds (toasted)
1. Sear the tuna steak in a heated skillet with olive oil on both sides (approx 1 minute each side).
Bok Choy and Soybeans
1. Heat with olive oil in a medium skillet. Sauté bok choy and soybeans for 2–3 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. Add the ingredients to a hot saucepan and reduce until thick. If necessary, use a little cornstarch to thicken. Set aside.
1. In a medium stock pot, bring water, olive oil and salt to a boil. Drop noodles in and watch closely (they cook very quickly).
2. Splash with seasoned iced water to cool. Set aside.
3. When ready to serve, reheat in a pan and season with salt, pepper and black sesame seeds.
1. Lay the tossed vegetables on the center of the plate.
2. Roll the rice noodles on a fork and place on top of the vegetables lengthwise.
3. Gently lay the tuna steak against the noodles
4. Spoon the ponzu glaze onto the bottom of the plate.
5. Garnish with a light sprinkle of sesame seeds.