Recipes Sukiyaki (Sweet Soy Beef and Vegetable Hot Pot) Yakitori House Japan – Epcot
Yield: 4 serving servings
Prep time: 45 minutes
1 pound Beef (paper thin slice)
1 large Onion
1 Bunch Green Onion
½ pound Carrot
2 Packs Japanese Noodle
1/5 Cup Soy Sauce
1/5 Cup Mirin (Sweet cooking Sake)
1 Cup Dashi (Fish Stock)
1 Cup Water
1 inch square Konbu (Sea Weed)
1/2 Cup Bonito Flakes
How to make dashi:
1. Place in a saucepan with konbu and water and soak for 2 hours.
2. Bring saucepan to a rapid simmer over high heat.
3. Remove saucepan from heat, adding bonito flakes.
4. Let stand for 3 minutes, strain through into a bowl.
Method of Preparation
1. Heat sukiyaki pot.
2. 1 tablespoon fat in pot, add beef slices and sear on both sides.
3. Add sauce, vegetables cook as desired.