Recipes Ring Cake Kringla Bakeri og Cafe Norway, Epcot
3 cups butter, softened
1 ½ cups almond paste
3 cups powdered sugar
3 teaspoons almond extract
6 each egg yolks
7 ½ cups sifted flour
1 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
1 each egg white
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, almond paste, powdered sugar, and almond extract.
2. Beat in egg yolks.
3. Gradually add flour and mix until smooth.
4. Refrigerate until well chilled.
5. Place dough in a cookie press and press into ring molds, which can be purchased at specialty stores. 6. If you don't want to invest in molds, shape the dough on foil-covered cardboard into 26 rings graduating in size.
7. Start with a one inch ring and make each ring 1/2 inch larger than the one before.
8. Bake at 350º F. for 15 minutes.
1. Stir all ingredients together.
2. Add additional powdered sugar if the frosting is not stiff enough.
3. Place in a pastry tube with a small round tip.
1. Drizzle some frosting on a platter (this will anchor cake).
2. Place the largest ring on the frosting.
3. Apply frosting in scallops on the first ring and place the next largest ring on top of the first.
4. Continue until you have used all 26 rings.
5. The frosting will hold the rings in place.
6. Decorate with small Norwegian flags.