Recipes Rigatoni Fiesolana Spoodles Boardwalk
Yield: 6 servings
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ pound ground sausage
½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 each portobello mushroom, sliced
2 cups your favorite marinara sauce
¼ cup heavy cream
pinch fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound cooked rigatoni noodles
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan.
2. Add the sausage and cook until nicely browned and cooked through.
3. Add garlic and stir to mix well.
4. Add the mushrooms, stirring frequently, to allow mushrooms to wilt.
5. Add marinara and heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
6. Add the basil, salt and pepper, stirring to incorporate.
7. Taste the sauce to adjust seasonings if necessary.
8. Add rigatoni noodles and toss to coat with the sauce.
9. Top with cheese and serve.