Recipes Raspberry Macarons Sweet on You Disney Fantasy
Makes 20 macarons
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup almond blanched flour
2/3 tbs egg whites, divided
½ tsp red food coloring
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup purified water
1 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine powdered sugar and almond flour in an electric mixer until fine. Add 1/3 tbs egg whites and food coloring to make a paste in the electric mixer.Note: Make sure the egg whites are room temperature before using.
3. Boil the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to 260 degrees F. Whip 1/3 tbs egg whites. Pour the hot sugar syrup into the egg whites on the side of the bowl and whip at a high speed until thickened to form the meringue.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the almond flour mixture and combine, repeating with the rest of the meringue and making sure to deflate the mixture.
5. Fill a piping bag with a round #6 tip with the mixture. Place wax paper onto a baking sheet, and pipe the mixture into 3/4 inch round discs onto the sheet. Let sit for 35 minutes before baking in the oven.
6. Place the macaroons in the oven and immediately turn down the oven temperature to 285 degrees F. Bake for ten minutes and then take out of the oven to cool.
7. When cool, turn over half of the macarons and pipe raspberry jam on the flat surface. Place another macaron on top of the jam.