Recipes Maine Lobster Roll Food & Wine Festival, United States
Yield: 4 servings
2 pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 hot dog-style buns
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce.
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine lobster meat, onion, r ed pepper and celery.
2. Add mayonnaise, mustard and tarragon; mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Split open each bun and brush inside with one tablespoon butter.
5. Place buns on a baking pan, butter ed side up and broil until golden brown
6. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the lettuce on each bun and top with 1/2 cup of the lobster salad.