Recipes Cauliflower Soup Kringla Bakeri og Cafe & Akershus Norway, Epcot
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for cauliflower soup:
4 tablespoons whole butter
1 large onion, diced
¼ chopped shallots
1/8 cup roasted garlic puree
4 pounds cauliflower florets
¼ cup EJ Brandy
2 2/3 cup of chicken stock
1 ½ quarts of heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
To taste allspice
To taste crushed red pepper
To taste kosher salt
To taste ground white pepper
½ cup butter
Chive Oil for Garnish:
1 cup chives
1 cup olive oil blend
Sourdough Croutons for Garnish:
½ loaf of sourdough baguette
Olive oil blend to lightly coat
To taste salt
To taste pepper
Method of Preparation:
for cauliflower soup:
1. On a cookie sheet, roast the shallots, garlic, onions until tender on 350° degree oven. When cooled, puree in a blender.
2. Roast the cauliflower until lightly colored.
3. In a large soup pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add onions and shallots.
4. Add the florets and allow to slightly brown, stir in garlic puree.
5. Deglaze the pot with the brandy.
6. Add chicken stock and cream. Allow the florets to soften until fork tender.
7. Puree with a stick blender or in a blender.
8. Add spices to taste.
9. Add the remaining butter to finish soup.
For chive oil:
1. In a airtight container, let steep a minimum of 24 hours.
2. Stain though a cheesecloth.
3. Store in airtight container.
For sourdough croutons:
1. Small dice sourdough baguette and place in a bowl.
2. Lightly toss with oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place on a cookie pan and cook at 350° until golden brown.