Recipes Boo-Yah Chili ESPN Club Boardwalk
3 tbs celery salt
3 tbs granulated garlic
3 tbs chili powder
3 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs and 1 tsp onion powder
1 tbs and 1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbs and 1 tsp salt
3 lbs beef stew meat cut in 1×1 cubes
1/2 cup chili spice
4 tbs olive oil, divided
4 cups finely diced yellow onions
4 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup minced garlic
2 cups finely diced celery
4 cups finely diced green peppers
12 cups vegetable juice
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
4 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
3 1/2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
Tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
Method of Preparation
For Chili Spice
Mix all ingredients in large bowl
1. Place stew meat in bowl and coat thoroughly with chili spice. Let sit for 30 minutes. Package remaining chili spice for later use as a rub for beef or pork dishes.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into an extra-large soup pot. Add onions and saute over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain fat.
4. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into another medium to large pot. Add stew meat and cook over medium heat until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Drain fat.
5. Add cooked stew meat to pot with browned beef and onions. Add garlic, celery and green peppers. Mix together all ingredients, cover and continue to cook over low to medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
6. Add vegetable jiuce and tomatoes. Mix well. Continue cooking for about two hours on low until stew meat is fork tender. Skim excess fat from top.
7. To serve, top with shredded cheese, diced onion, bacon and pico de gallo.